Well….. THAT Didn’t Go As Planned

Tonight was the 2nd Annual Christmas Ornament Shoot at the local indoor range.

Rules:

1. Handguns only. Any caliber.
  2. There are 6 ornaments on a wreath at 10 yards.
  3. Two shooters for each round
  4. The winner of each round is the shooter to hit the most ornaments in 30 seconds or be the first to hit all 6.
  5. In the event of a tie, a tie breaker will be held with 6 smaller ornaments and no time limit. First shooter to hit all 6 wins the tie breaker.
  6. Double elimination. You must lose 2 rounds to be eliminated from the competition.

I took my grandfather’s Ruger Standard because it has proven to be an accurate little pistol.

1st round: I went up against a former US Marine who was just discharged. I had 2 ornaments shot by the time he shot all 6.

2nd round: I shot 2 ornaments and the gun jammed. I cleared the jam, reloaded and shot 1 more before the 30 seconds were up. My opponent shot 5.

I bought a couple of new magazines for Grandpa’s Ruger and it was one of those that caused the jam in the 2nd round. I used the original mag in the 1st round and had no issues. (Except I was shooting against a Marine.)

So, 2 up and 2 down. Rather disappointing since I made it 3 rounds last year.

A few random pics from the match. None of which are me losing.

9 Likes

Here is one taken by one of the ROs at the match. I’m on the left in the hat.

8 Likes

It sounds like a fun time, regardless of how you did.

9 Likes

Still do not understand what killing a tree and putting junk on it has anything to do with Jesus’s birthday.
This may be the best use of seen of this pagan artifacts.

In the 70s and 80s when others burnt (melted) disco records, we shot them.

5 Likes

Envious of the indoor matches

POV/FOV … both adjustable

Consider it a former thistle

it is what you make it

4 Likes

The predecessor to christmas was a holiday in Rome dedicated to the god Saturn.

5 Likes

Christmas has its roots in pagan traditions but stood on its own entirely IMO. It is nothing more than a consumer holiday anymore.

6 Likes

Christmas has its roots in Christ Mass, smells Catholic to me, close enough to pagan.

The birth of our lord here on earth, anything else is sacrilege.

5 Likes

This has been the only one I’ve participated in. I would like to do others but work schedules and distance make it difficult

6 Likes

Im speaking actual historical stuff here not fairy tales

4 Likes

Does it?

https://1828.mshaffer.com/d/word/mass

Perhaps it should then, as Christs Mass, in Christs Church

Not necessarily,

I wonder what pagan roots we could find in eating the flesh and drinking the blood of our deity?

Truly makes that you are what you eat deeper

If its the only one you ever do it still does what is needed :+1:
Gives you confidence and skills

4 Likes

What I dont need is a holly roller rewriting everything I say.
You wonder why folks dont do religion, because its flawed just like man, and some have to besiege us with it.

5 Likes

It doesn’t, but I am so tired of the same argument about this i just ignore it. My house has not had a tree or lights for years and i have no intention of having one now.

Jeremiah 10:2 Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.
Jeremiah 10:3 For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe.
Jeremiah 10:4 They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.

5 Likes

lol, I’m flattered, truly, but… deserving?

I’ve coked cranked and cracked in the lower depths, I do not:

I wonder more why they don’t do Lemmy

Praise God, I think we have six in total, should we hate one another for our choices?

Does it ever go as planned guys?

4 Likes

Don’t remember saying anything about hating anybody. I would have no problems eliminating dsa/dnc/nwo commierats, but somehow i just don’t think having or not having a Christmas tree falls under that category.

5 Likes

Looks and sounds like fun Willie!

Nice indoor range!

6 Likes

They have an amazing indoor range. One of the largest I’ve ever been in. The climate control is some of the best as well. If it didn’t cost $20 an hour to shoot there, I’d probably be there a couple times a week. As it is, I go once every couple of months when I don’t feel like tolerating the weather at the much closer and much cheaper outdoor range.

8 Likes

A few years ago I was called a baby killin, dope smoking, dinosaur.

We all start somewhere. Its where you end up that counts.

5 Likes

Me I refuse to ever pay to shoot .

5 Likes

Never done any USPSA/IDPA?

6 Likes