What .22 lr Package Are You Running?

Ooooo Didn’t realize mini mags came in LRN!

will definitely be getting some.

I think it will be a CCI Mini mag LRN v CCI Sub sonics 100-200m Test

Maybe CCI Standard as well.

How far and close have you shot groups?

For groups just out to 100. For cans and or steel, Out to 200. Range I was shooting at had 4 ot 5" steel. Wasnt having issues pegging them with the drop reticle.

2 Likes

I’m running an old Mossberg .22LR Patent dates it in the 1930’s. Although this rifle has yet to see the woods just yet.

1 Like

not 22, but 17HMR

5 Likes

new old one… Browning T-Bolt, 1970

7 Likes

This is my latest build I did for a video on my Crazy Ivan Precision 10/22 Chassis system. See videos and more details at my website CrazyIvanLLC.com Thanks!

6 Likes

Plain Jane 10/22 with a 3-9x40 el cheapo scope for hunting small game and plinking. Been thinking of building it into an AR style stock with a better barrel.

I also Use my Savage Axis .223 with a light load of CFE223 to emulate 22lr speeds. Extremely accurate!

4 Likes

I’ve got a Savage boot action with a… I don’t know scope. Quite capable out to 100 yards. Haven’t shot it further than that yet. Great training rifle. Cheap and fun.

I also have a Henry lever action .22. Possibly the most “fun” gun I own. Great gun for teaching people.

I also have a .22lr AR-15 upper recover. Great for training my competition rifle.

I also have a Ruger SR22 pistol. Fun training pistol.

Finally, I just picked up a Ruger 22/45. I’m gonna our a red dot on it and it will be an awesome competition trainer.

2 Likes

Hi Mary - You might not need a better barrel to boost up the performance AND have it AR style! - check out my video:

10/22 Precision on a Budget

6 Likes

Barrel is pretty worn… that 10/22 has a LOT of years on it!

Mister_Torgue This is probably your best bet for a rifle to shoot both. http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-455-american-combo-22-lr-17-hmr-5-rd-mags/ I think they offer it in 22/22mag package as well. I have the 22/17HMR combo the CZ’s have a excellent reputation for accurate rimfire rifles.

2 Likes

Oh, well you might need a new barrel then!

My favorite 22 setup is a Rugged 10/22 from TBA Suppressors. It has a 16" OAL integral barrel with a Titanium mono core. I’m running a Leupold 3-9x42 scope on it.

6 Likes

Ruger 77/22 22LR with a Green Mnt. stainless fluted match sporter barrel
CZ 455 17HMR/22LR combo
CZ 452 22Mag
Ruger Single 6 22/22Mag
Ruger MKIII target

4 Likes

6 Likes

What a sexy combo, I like the paddle release, hows the DA trigger on those?

1 Like

Good posts as I will be shopping for the youngest grandsons first .22 for Christmas.
Can’t wait to see the look like his father had when my Dad gave him his first, a 9422.

2 Likes

I hate to admit it, but it’s been a couple years since I shot any of these.

Screenshot_11

7 Likes

I run Rugers… mags all work in them and the amount of parts available. I use mine for plinking and for gophers.
Just picked up a Ruger Precision rim fire. They are cool.

I like my camping one, it is nice and can fit in my backpacks.

I have like 3 more of them

8 Likes