What .22 lr Package Are You Running?

NO not yet. I wanted to but if I can find a $6pck to do the same job as a $14 pck. I’ll go with the $6 and save for hardware Mods, Plus they are never available.

I have seen the reviews on they, devastating round!

1 Like

Yes they are! 1640FPS.

Model 52 B Winchester and CMP Kimber 22 Model 82, both target 22’s used for Silhouette out to 200 meters. Using Lapua Polar Biathlon ammo for both.

2 Likes

I saw Lapua at the shop. $22.00/50pck
Mat have to try them.

1 Like

I just completed my form 1 SBR (USA- don’t even try to follow our firearms laws) and am moving into testing various loads for accuracy but I suspect it’s going to be more of a test of me torquing the barrel more than anything else. I built the SBR on a Ruger Charger takedown handgun.

1 Like

Hi ALL,

Its been a little while.

But I have finished Ammo test with Hp for small game hunting inside 100m.

Going with Sellier & Bellot (orange) as you can see it more consistent in velocity and very very affordable at $6.00 per 50.

Next test is .22 Solid to shoot 100m-200m
I’ve been recommend Subsonics as they, I think would be more stable.
I am looking for a consistent and capable round that is affordable.
Budget $5-$8

RECOMMENDATIONS?

I like having choices hence the reason for the testing,

I will have my Bushnell Holographic (Second) scope mounted so I’ll see how it all goes.

Hoping to hit the range in 7dys.

3 Likes

Not sure if this helps you or not, $7 to $8 a sleve of 100. Comes in hp, subsonic, and roundnose. 30 shots.

4 Likes

Ooooo Didn’t realize mini mags came in LRN!

will definitely be getting some.

I think it will be a CCI Mini mag LRN v CCI Sub sonics 100-200m Test

Maybe CCI Standard as well.

How far and close have you shot groups?

For groups just out to 100. For cans and or steel, Out to 200. Range I was shooting at had 4 ot 5" steel. Wasnt having issues pegging them with the drop reticle.

2 Likes

I’m running an old Mossberg .22LR Patent dates it in the 1930’s. Although this rifle has yet to see the woods just yet.

1 Like

not 22, but 17HMR

5 Likes

new old one… Browning T-Bolt, 1970

7 Likes

This is my latest build I did for a video on my Crazy Ivan Precision 10/22 Chassis system. See videos and more details at my website CrazyIvanLLC.com Thanks!

6 Likes

Plain Jane 10/22 with a 3-9x40 el cheapo scope for hunting small game and plinking. Been thinking of building it into an AR style stock with a better barrel.

I also Use my Savage Axis .223 with a light load of CFE223 to emulate 22lr speeds. Extremely accurate!

4 Likes

I’ve got a Savage boot action with a… I don’t know scope. Quite capable out to 100 yards. Haven’t shot it further than that yet. Great training rifle. Cheap and fun.

I also have a Henry lever action .22. Possibly the most “fun” gun I own. Great gun for teaching people.

I also have a .22lr AR-15 upper recover. Great for training my competition rifle.

I also have a Ruger SR22 pistol. Fun training pistol.

Finally, I just picked up a Ruger 22/45. I’m gonna our a red dot on it and it will be an awesome competition trainer.

2 Likes

Hi Mary - You might not need a better barrel to boost up the performance AND have it AR style! - check out my video:

10/22 Precision on a Budget

6 Likes

Barrel is pretty worn… that 10/22 has a LOT of years on it!

Mister_Torgue This is probably your best bet for a rifle to shoot both. http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-455-american-combo-22-lr-17-hmr-5-rd-mags/ I think they offer it in 22/22mag package as well. I have the 22/17HMR combo the CZ’s have a excellent reputation for accurate rimfire rifles.

2 Likes

Oh, well you might need a new barrel then!