What? An armed good guy stops a shooting?😳

Who would have expected an armed citizenry could stop a mass shooting.

10 Likes

The StupidTube Generation.

This is how NOT to show support for Open Carry or 2A right.
What a MORON!!!

7 Likes

This is stupid. He never stopped a shooting. The went into a Walmart open carrying. He was pushing a cart while taking video with his phone. Unless he has a third arm he obviously wasn’t brandishing it. Some coward that lives in fear of seeing an AR pulled the fire alarm, he ran out a fire exit like any customer would, then was held at gun point for practicing his right as an AMERICAN!

What did he do? Absolutely nothing!

5 Likes

Well, good point.
We’ll have to see what side of the fence he’s on. But either way he’s a dumbshit and a good guy with a gun stood up.

8 Likes

He did this to bring attention to himself and place a confrontation on StewTube.
There have been many do this and some are well executed while many are just poorly thought out and confrontation was the entire intent.
A little common sense goes a long way, and people doing things like this with obvious intent to cause a confrontation so they can post a StewTube video just makes those who truly care about this look like redneck Bubbas.
The good part of this story is that an Armed Citizen ended what may have turned into a press holiday extravaganza.
If you want to express your support for 2A there are better ways to go about it.
A little common sense goes a long way.

7 Likes

He’s a good guy with a gun too. He didn’t shoot or threaten anyone.

I’ve always said that when the government takes guns or rights they’ll paint the guy as a terrorist or some sort of fanatic. Look what they did here. A guy was open carrying… In an open carry state. He was lawful. But they charged him with terroristic threats. For what? For what?

They never said how he threatened anyone other than actually practicing his rights. And for those who will obviously come out and say well it’s stupid to do that. So what exactly is a right good for if you can’t practice it? A right not practiced is a right lost.

Also how many of us has said if more people would carry, you would have these crazies too scared to shoot people because they would get shot back. Now you’ll attack a guy for doing just that? He didn’t shoot or threaten. He just carried

6 Likes

I remember when this happened in Utah after sandy hook and he wasn’t arrested, no one pulled a fire alarm, some people complained but that’s it.

4 Likes

Good points @Grenz45 & @Joe

I may have just reacted to the last few weeks events. I pictured him walking in waving guns around but as I read closer nothing is mentioned to suggest that.

So I cling only to the other good guy not running away, confronting what I assume he saw as a threat and showed restraint in not shooting.

4 Likes

And this right here is a perfect example of the red flag laws. The guy was open carrying a rifle in the store. How do you know what is on his mind. As long as he didn’t point the rifle at someone threaten someone he wasn’t breaking any law. BUT HE SURE WASN’T SMART. After the Walmart shooting in ElPaso wandering around Walmart with a rifle and tactical gear had to scare the $hit out of most people. Taken in context of the recent week what else could the manager do but honor what he perceived a threat to the shoppers in his store. Sometimes there is a big difference between what is legal and what is prudent.
Now with the red flag laws someone thinks your a threat even though your not. Next thing you know cops show up to take your firearms then you have to prove them wrong.

8 Likes

This guy walked in wearing Camo and Body Armor with an AR and Magazines and all.
And on top of that Stewtubing himself as if to record his actions (Evil or Not).
I am all for Open Carry and being able to carry my firearm where I want but this is a bit overboard.
I as a Pro Firearm guy would question this guys intent.
The store manager went overboard pulling the fire alarm causing a panic but this kids intent was without a doubt to cause chaos and he succeeded.
The former firefighter did well to detain the guy after all the chaos since I doubt he knew what was going on but did know something had happened.
Are we to held to rules of engagement to wait for some nut to shoot before we can question?
This was handled by Store Management and the Kid very poorly.
He wont be charged because he did not do anything we are aware of at this time.
But I cant agree that this kid did not intend to cause chaos.
This was not the way to do things.

7 Likes

So, within a week of a mass killing at a Walmart, when people are scared out of their minds and trying to mentally put into perspective their thoughts and feelings about gun rights, mass murder, and a few hundred other issues, you decide to go into another Walmart decked out in body armor and carrying weapons in a manner that appears as if you might just have in mind the same kind of thing the last guy just did…and maybe just film it too, like the P.O.S. in New Zealand.
100% pure dipshit to the tenth power.

If I’d have seen this guy coming down an aisle in Walmart decked out like that, I might have shot him.
Sorry guys, but that’s the times we live in. If you want to be Pro 2A, then do it in a manner that isn’t going to send people into a panic. Absolutely ZERO reason to do this shit EVER!
Open carry of a handgun is one thing…this, however, is on a scale of stupid that’s off the top of the charts.
Sorry if I offend some of you who believe that the right to carry should be all inclusive…maybe in a perfect world we’d know the intentions of a guy like this…but in this day and age, it’s just not a display of good judgement in any way shape or form.
Hats off to the fireman who pulled on this guy but had the restraint not to shoot his stupid ass.

8 Likes

So if it is illegal to yell fire in a movie theatre, is it not illegal to pull a fire alarm in a Walmart. I’ve always thought criminally holding someone accountable for yelling fire in a theatre is unconstitutional. Don’t get me wrong I believe you can say what you want but you can be held liable, not criminal. I think the open carry guy has a law suite.

3 Likes

Fire alarm versus Firearm Alarm - it was a response to a threat - Shouting Fire in a crowded movie theater without a present threat is not protected. There was a time in our society that you taught people to shout Fire Fire when they need help (say after being attacked or while), because it would incite an action with more people willing to be involved. What the manager did was in response to a threat that at the time of his assessment was the best option to protect his customers. He could of easily confronted the “shooter” and shot him and it would have been just as justifiable. But my assumption is it was the only call to action available to the manager in what historically involved gunfire and mass killing.

4 Likes

I believe that the Walmart employee thought that he was acting in the best interest of the customers and employees in the store. I would agree.
This wasn’t just pulling the fire alarm for kicks. He saw what he believed was a serious threat and acted. Good on him, at least he didn’t pull out his cell phone and start shooting video for his fakebook or instagram.

4 Likes

I had a concern for the manager pulling the fire alarm.
IF the guy was in there wanting to kill people, wouldn’t pulling the fire alarm lead the customers to slaughter as most of them would all be heading for the front door at the same time. A killer could have just stayed at the front of the store and killed many more people as they were reacting to the alarm. Not to mention the fact that the alarm might cover the sounds of the shots.

2 Likes

In this case no - we have all been indoctrinated since school to head for the nearest exit, not to panic and in an orderly fashion. Because there is no “fire” or indication of smoke the average person would be in a fire drill mentality. Where as the average response in a panic is one to follow the herd, and to use the way you came in. This is seen where people run by identified exits that would have meant immediate safety and instead go to main door that they come in at. This has also been seen on crashed airplanes and aboard sinking ships

2 Likes

I’m going to have to start paying attention when I am in Walmart next to where their emergency exits are.
I’ve never heard their fire alarm. Does it just make sound or does it say there is a fire?

2 Likes

4 Likes

The Following things are 100% factual in this case.

Missouri does not prohibit the open carrying of firearms, but does prohibit exhibiting “any weapon readily capable of lethal use” in an angry or threatening manner in the presence of one or more persons. Mo. Rev. Stat. § 571.030.1(4) .

Not one person has reported him threatening ANYONE in any of the interviews.
The ONLY person who threatened anyone with a gun was the firefighter. Aided by the manager of the Walmart who triggered a fire alarm when there was no fire causing panic.

> # Falsely Reporting a fire (or triggering a false fire alarm) Causing Injury or Death | Penal Code § 148.4(b)
***> ***
> Criminal charges for Falsely Reporting a Fire Causing Injury or Death are more serious than charges for Falsely Reporting a Fire. The law states that any person who willfully and maliciously tampers with, molests, injures or breaks any fire protection equipment, insulation, alarm apparatus; or sends gives, transmits or sounds any false alarm of fire by any other means which causes death or injury may be guilty of a felony.
> What does the prosecutor have to prove?
> 1. Defendant willfully and maliciously sent, gave, transmitted, or sounded any false alarm of fire, by means of any fire alarm system or signal or by any other means or methods.
> 2. A victim sustained great bodily injury or death as a result of the defendant’s act of offense. [PC 148.4(b)]
> Punishment
> Felony: 16months/2years/3years
> With probation 0-364 day

So far the ONLY accusation against the young man that would actually hold any water is that his process was ill advised. You might even argue that he criminally had his rights violated.

3 Likes

So based on this the manager did nothing wrong either.

To my knowledge no one was injured or killed as a result of the false fire alarm.

While the manager did willfully pull the alarm there was clearly no malicious intent. The law requires both.

So I’d argue that the guy with the guns and camera did not commit a crime. Poor judgment perhaps but no crime.
The manager committed no crime as there was no malicious intent.
The fireman, acting on the alarm and his perception of a threat, pulled his weapon to control the situation. A weak case maybe for a civil suite but doubtful it would be successful.

3 Likes