What are some good semi auto 5.56 rifles?

Bump

What do you all think of this?

https://fnamerica.com/products/discontinued-products/fn-fs2000/

1 Like

It sucks for me because I have wanted one. Now they are going up on price.

1 Like

Figures…

This

No matter what ar guys say
5.45x39 is far superior round that 5.56
The ballistic alone are way better
5.45 has a hollow nose that allows the bullet to yaw when impacting a target and creates giant wound cavities

Why are you telling me this? I have advocated this for years, and posted this in threads.

I was just reinterating your point
A lot of folks don’t realize what 5.45 can do

2 Likes

Maybe penetration and if you are comparing it to basic military loads like the 55 grain. What do you mean by ‘better’? Black Hills 77 gr 5.56 fits my needs alot “better” and I consider it a better round as in more accurate and better on fleshy targets, I would not want to rely on either to shoot through shit. I do like the 5.45 though but as with everything else its a matter of needs and opinion.

2 Likes

Too many variables to really say its better than 5.56. With premium loads I dont agree but the 5.45x39 is an impressive round either way, I hope they start making it domestically someday. I prefer small fast rounds out of semi-auto rifles so I would probably prefer the 5.45x39mm over the 7.62x39 stuff.

2 Likes

I know I do!

1 Like

It’s such a lethal round
I prefer 7.62 but that’s a personal preference
I had a few 74s and I got out of it because I was too deep in 7.62
I still have a saiga 74 a basic conversion
But after the ban in 7n6 I got out of that round
I was too deep into 7.62 to convert to 5.45

3 Likes

7.62 x 51 FTW :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

5.56 & .308 because we are not communist.

5 Likes

:+1:

2 Likes

Other semi auto 5.56 rifles (not AR/AK/Mini14 style). Not a complete list, but these are most of the ones available nowadays (availability depending on your wallet). I probably missed a bunch, but this is just a quick run down of the modern/aftermarket supported/readily available models.

Non-Bullpup
Scar 16
CZ 805
Beretta ARX100
Zenith Z43
Bushmaster ACR
Robinson Arms XCR-L
Keltec Su-16
IWI Galil (AK-style, but not really an AK)
Faxon ARAK
LMT/LWRCI/POF/Adams Arms/PWS Piston ARs (not your father’s direct impingement)

Bullpup
IWI Tavor/X95
Desert Tech MDR
Stey AUG
FN FS2000
Keltec RDB

5 Likes

^ This ugly duckling looks like fun to own and shoot. And I’ve heard is pretty reliable.

2 Likes

I would add the Faxon ARAK21 to that list. I have had mine for awhile and it’s a good platform. AR style bolt matched to the long stroke gas system, think AK or M1 Garand, with easy caliber change through simple barrel changes and ambi ejection ports.

2 Likes

I loved the ACR. I have a buddy who loves his SCAR and Tavor bullpup. I was looking st a Tavor, but went with an AR15 because I could build it myself easier.

1 Like

I own one, I love it. I want another!

4 Likes

Shit, what do you NOT own man? :cowboy_hat_face: If I’m ever in your neck of the woods we gotta go shoot some meat targets ala Paul Harrell style.

4 Likes