What are you guys using for plates/carriers?

Its 2020 , seems technology is advancing in regards to plates. Any of you guys have opinions on this new stuff?

Goodread none the less.
https://blog.full30.com/shotstop-an-alternative-body-armor-solution-review/

• Steel
  • Ceramic
  • Other
  • None

0 voters

10 Likes

I mostly use paper plates so i don’t wash as many dishes.

14 Likes

:facepalm: :rofl:

11 Likes

My balls are brass. Do they qualify?

9 Likes

Only if you’re so old that you sling em over your shoulders and use them for ballistic protection

11 Likes

I got a interceptor ceramic plate from the pawn shop for a great price. I would have went steel but a good deal is a good deal

11 Likes

I have some of those but they have to be washed after eating on them.

12 Likes

I thought you said you use paper

10 Likes

I do, those ceramic ones stay in the cabinet.

8 Likes

You ever considered a plate carrier? Might seemlike mall ninja shit a year or two ago but look on the tv or out the window, something bad is heading our way.

12 Likes

My wife used to be one but now i do all the cooking so i carry the plates.

9 Likes

But on a serious note, no i don’t want one. too old and don’t give a shit anymore. i also don’t go lookin for trouble but if it comes here. well then it’s belt fed time. :yep:

8 Likes

I hear steel spalling is an issue not to mention the weight.

@spook and @Sarge4206th were talking about it in a thread a week or two back even. Im not the most knowledgeable on plates so I have no real idea on the issues though.

9 Likes

I am no expert either i got advice from @Sarge4206th on a carrier I had a buch of amazon gift cards for my birthday he helped pick it out.

10 Likes

Ive owned plates but didnt use them much. Shouldve kept them. I like running slick carriers with a chest rig over them but only because I dont like wearing plates and can use the Chest rig solo.

I still have chest rigs though might be a PC in my near future though.

I wore plates when shooting in a class or in a crowded shooting spot but most of the time no CR on it. Really plates feel akward to me.

9 Likes

Comfort is a secondary consideration

9 Likes

It takes more training too. I like having more ammo and being able to move faster but ive never trained hard with plates so it could be a training issue. I sort of go back and forth on the issue,tbh

10 Likes

Steel will make you strong and with a good anti-spalling coating it’s one of the tougher options out there. I use steel plates on my home defense setup as it will not require me to move much. Sadly most places do not sell a steel plate with good coating.

I prefer ceramics because of the native anti-spalling ability and most importantly WEIGHT. I am not getting any younger so saving weight in my tactical setup is always a priority.
just my .02

8 Likes

Has any of you ever seen the flexible plating

8 Likes

I am wondering the samething. It looks neat.

7 Likes