What do YOU take to a Gun Show?

I thought it might be cool to start a conversation about things that one might really consider taking with them to a gun show. Here are a few of my ideas. What are some of yours?

6 Likes

It has been years ago that I saw a good deal at a gun show here in Missouri.we had a good one at school of the Osage but RK shows forced everyone else out and they have the same vendors at every show . I can go to the local dealer and buy about anything cheaper and he dosnt try to low ball on trades . I still go once in a awhile just to see how high they are on stuff.

9 Likes

for me, going to a gun show is not necessarily about what i can buy. i go to just look around, enjoy myself, meet friends, make friends and you never know, even the crappiest show can always have one thing on one table back in the corner somewhere that no one has found that is a smoking deal.

9 Likes

I for one never go to a gun show without packing low expectations. I’ve not had great luck with shows here in GA. I used to buy all my primers at gun shows in FL. The last 10,000 I got was when I went to visit my parents and my dad and I went to the Orlando show. I would buy powder at shows also but I got primers exclusively at gun shows. It looks like when I need to restock I’ll be ordering online. I usually find something I like at gun shows just not usually guns. I think I’ve bought 3 or 4 at gun shows. Sometimes you can find good prices on Police tradeins at shows. I generally go to shows but I go expecting not to find anything.

8 Likes

valid thought

8 Likes

I seldom buy more than an entry at gun shows any more. Mostly, I will go to handle and compare different things I may be interested in having. Living close to DFW means there are large gun shows every couple of weeks.

@CloverTac thanks for the list. I had not thought about bringing a light or magnifying glass.

7 Likes

Always go to have a good time, meet and talk with those willing to. Usually take something to try and trade or knock the price down on something I may want. Usually keep a list of reloading components on my phone stuff to be on the lookout for. Not all that many shows here which maybe a good thing. :roll_eyes:

7 Likes