What does everyone do besides shooting?

Think I was 19.

11 Likes

Full face helmet… bugs are HUGE in Texas. Lol

6 Likes

Inspiring thread reading about all the cool things everyone does! Anyway, by day, I toil as a lowly government staff attorney negotiating environmental cleanups on sites contaminated with hazardous substances and oil spills in waterways. When I’m not doing that, the kids take up most of my time. Lately, we’ve done a bit of camping, light off-roading and archery the past few years.

15 Likes

That’s awesome! I want to get back into archery so bad! It’s like having another race car or reloading bench. Lol

6 Likes

Btw, love the Toyota. Got a Tacoma with 200K. Best truck I ever had.

6 Likes

I’ve avoided this thread for a while because I feel useless now that I don’t work. I was an Independent Petroleum Landman in Texas. Now, in Indiana, I don’t know what I am, but I haven’t been very productive. I like to piddle with different things. Like to build things. Nothing fancy and I don’t own any real woodworking tools, not even a table saw, just a handheld circular saw and a drill. What ever I can make with some 2x4’s and I’m pretty happy. Made my cats a house (in pics) with two entrances (one high for the cats and one low for the little dogs) it has levels in side for them and a catwalk. Made some benches for an outdoor wedding, a room size loft for the kids room, a dog house for one of the big dogs, cat trees, etc. I built my home in TX but don’t have any pics of it on this computer. Gave it to my son when I moved along with my land. No expert by any means, but I do it all by myself so I take pride in it, given I am self taught in the carpentry, electrical and plumbing. Finishing work is not my thing however or any kind of detail work. I also dabble with sewing (learning that too). I’ve made some dog leashes and collars (in pics). Currently have about 8 or so still to make for people. Sew lots of cat beds for the local animal shelter (and my own cats), just finished some baby gowns and quilts for my newly born great nephew, and working on a robe for my granddaughter (it’s turning out just terrible). I have spent over the last year fostering pregnant or nursing cats and orphaned or sick kittens and bottle feeding them for the local animal shelter. Quite time consuming as I have had multiple litters of bottle babies (including puppies) at the same time to feed (21 I think all at once), but I am taking a break from that (pics of one litter under the loft I built for the kids). Other than that, I can’t say as I do very much.

14 Likes

Your a handy individual with a good heart, sweet wood working skills and nice bike…cheers!!

6 Likes

Nice!!! Is that a Camero in the background?

3 Likes

I garden, Weight and endurance train, I do self imposed survival skill classes (testing survival books tips and hits vs real life)

7 Likes

Toyota celica, biggest POS I ever seen. wasn’t mine and he didn’t keep it long. too many problems. I did have a Camaro and it was the biggest POS I ever owned. paint fell off and all kinds of problems. I didn’t have it long either.

7 Likes

Last photo is me and all 3 of my kids last year. Hahahhaa

16 Likes

Feeling worthless? Hardly! You accomplish more than most people I know. Very admirable, actually.

6 Likes

You’ve never rode the bikes with the kilt?:joy:

8 Likes

OH GOD, please no pics if you did!! :face_vomiting:

6 Likes

This, absolutely this.

7 Likes

I did… multiple times… bwwwaahahhahahaha

5 Likes

:joy:

4 Likes

as I understand it, no underwear is wore under a kilt.

7 Likes

That reminds me of this Fun fact: the song “Free Bird” was initially called Free Pecker.

Disclaimer: extremely high probability of historical inaccuracy.

6 Likes

In my best Wayne’s World voice, “We’re not worthy, we’re not worthy…” Now that’s living life to the fullest!

By the way, that’s an awesome 2nd gen Tundra! Post that up in the “Let’s see those 4x4s” thread with all the modifications.

4 Likes