What is the best sling for my AR?

I have seen a few different sling set ups. The one I saw MAC using in one of his vids looked great. I think it was a Tavor vid. Anyone know the name of that sling or where I can get a few of those?
Thank you.

I don’t know what sling your referring too in MAC’s video. So no help there. But I choose slings depending on what my needs are for that rifle. Are you looking to carry the rifle in a patrol fashion? Or are you carrying a heavy Varmint rifle over your shoulder for a few miles? Are you looking for a sling to use for shooting support? Those are what I consider when choosing a sling.

1 Like

All good questions, I should have been more specific. I would use the sling for patrol but would also like to use it for shooting support. The sling MAC was using seemed to have a great sliding adjustment that would change the length of the sling very easily and rapidly. The rifle I wish to sling is a Daniel Defense DDM4V7.

Tim uses one of the “Savvy Sniper” slings on most of his AR’s. For 2 point slings, I personally prefer the padded “Viking tactics” sling. Either are very well built and not over priced.

1 Like

Thank you!! I will look those up

I second CzechsixTV. Don’t look any further.

Thank you! Cool name by the way

4 Likes

The magpul is great. Single point, double…all uses

3 Likes

Magpul makes good stuff, I have a couple slings from them, The 10 platform rifles are a bit heavy for a single point but the two point magpul works just fine.

2 Likes

I have the Magpul convertible slings and they’re great. I’m not a fan of single-point slings, but it’s nice to have the option.

2 Likes

Old thread, but I like my VTAC two-point nylon sling for its ability to quickly cinch down tight to the body for hands-free use and loosen up again to handle it.

http://www.vikingtactics.com/product-p/vtac-mk1.htm

I also have a similar Blue Force Gear cotton-webbed sling, but it’s adjustability badly suffered once it got wet and muddy. Looks like the cotton expanded a bit when it absorbed the water, making the sliding adjustable buckle hard to move along it.

3 Likes

I bought these off amazon, they were only 8 or 9 bucks. Used this one this hunting season. it worked fine. I have to use it to get to stand and climb the 18 foot ladder. it’s a 1 or 2 point.

4 Likes

Have a couple magpul over 10 years old still work fine. It’s what’s available in the area without having to order on line. I do prefer 2 point attachment.

2 Likes

Been using 2 points since the 70s. Not stopping any time soon.
In the 80s I fell in love with Uncle Mike’s 'One hand" 2 point slings.
I use them on everything.
Well as time moved on, Mike sold his rights to Winchester, who got bought out by the Japs, So no they are cheap plastic clips, still sold under the Winchester name.
When I get rid of a rifle, the sling stays with me. Still have all 10 from when I bought them.

2 Likes