What is the effective range of an AK?

Obviously this video is just communist propoganda, I figured more like 20 yards or so.

6 Likes

Thank you for this thread, have a nice day. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Just get creative with the wording. Think the 5.45 Ak like the one in the video can outshoot A Tavor?

3 Likes

I was thinkin 15

2 Likes

LOL With Kentucky windage at 500 you might keep some heads down but a head shot?

No.
I usually shoot one at 100 + yds .
You wouldn’t be very impressed IMO

20 million chinese running at ya with 'em would though

4 Likes

Not certain about out of the AK platform, but the cartridge itself is capable of very acceptable accuracy and range in the right platform.

7 Likes

as long as you are all aware that Mr.Chan could probably hit you 4 out of 5 times with a spitball at 500 metres.

Notice he manually sets the sights to the corresponding range.

2 Likes

Effective all depends on the user
300yds for the 47
400-500yds for the 74
Ammo being what it is these days your not gonna be pinpoint accurate with surplus ammo

The exspensive stuff isn’t worth it imo
I’ve shot one of my 47’s effectively out too 400 and didn’t miss on a man sized target

5 Likes

What about with the 5.56 AKs?

2 Likes

My 2 5.56 akm rifles perform as well as any 74
The round is underpowered imo compared to 5.45
It’s like shooting a .22 versus 7.62 round
Same effective accuracy
5.56 travels at a flatter trajectory and has less stopping and wounding capabilities imo

4 Likes

A Communist manufactured genuine AK-47. Not a better quality AKM. The shit quality has to count.

5 Likes

Iraq88. They take the cmmg mutant out to 400 yards. The accuracy if the cmmg mutant and other variants are game changers for the 7.62 x 39 round

8 Likes

Yuck :face_vomiting:

3 Likes

Lol

4 Likes

Get a 6.8SPC

1 Like

what ole joe bob ain’t telling ya is he already has 5 of them.

1 Like

5 of what?

1 Like

Effective range of any firearm, rifle or pistol depends on the shooter. Sure caliber plays a role as do other factors. My guess is if someone is shooting at you with a firearm, you’re going to keep your damn head down. I’ve seen @LonewolfMcQuade pop groundhogs with the
7.62 x 39 round at 550 - 600 yds.

5 Likes

Out of a rack grade com bloc AK?

2 Likes

Yes

2 Likes