What’s your daily driver?

A 21 year old Toyota Camry with 220000+ miles on it…I’d take a picture, but ya know, why?
Also got a 23 year old GMC Sierra…
If I’m lucky, I can make enough extra money to put gas in ‘em

4 Likes

2017 Toyota Highlander Limited.

No excuses or apologies - I love this buggy.

Yeah, It’s a soccer mom taxi. But it has 295Hp, tows 5,000 lbs, gets better mileage than my 2010 RAV4 did, kayaks fit on the racks, holds all my fishing gear, I have a Leader hitch carrier for the bloody deer carcasses heading to the butcher, and the JBL 12 speaker stereo is better than my home system.

6 Likes

Nothing to be ashamed of @Stumpkiller, its a nice ride. I love driving something comfy and quiet that is useful. Is it AWD?

I mean, you didn’t revoke your man card if that’s what you’re gettin’ at. Only Prius and Tesla drivers do.

7 Likes

Tesla: for the guy who wants to have a midlife crisis, but hasn’t figured it out yet…

5 Likes

So the Chevy Spark/Volt would be for the man going through menopause :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

*manopause

5 Likes

Yep. AWD but I can lock the hubs on under 25 mph. It’s got more dofraws and gewgaws than I can figure out. The good news all the radar guided lane adaptive whatnots can be turned off and it drops the high-beams automatically when I forget. I used to drive like a nut (145 mph was my highest with my VW Turbo Sportwagon - top of the tire rating) but I have sunk into a little softer ride with more comfort. Getting old.

When I was real young and knuts I had a Suzuki GS650EX tricked out (Mikuni & Yoshimura) that was either on or off. One wake up call that shattered a Sampson helmet (that is now why my neck is my private weatherman) and I learned something.

8 Likes

I finally parked the Impala SS. It broke down one too many times. Just bought a 2013 Durango R/T. 5.7L Hemi runs pretty damn good.

5 Likes

oh crap, there’s a rule?

I’m afraid I may have broken it with my Chevy truck :grimacing:

5 Likes

Haha, when you put the best parts you can buy and have new everything, yes there is a rule

5 Likes

My daily driver is a '99 Ford F150. Its got a beat up paint job now, someone cracked the window, and my girls ripped the headliner down a bit but I have no complaints.

6 Likes

My daily driver is my pair of Redwing boots, as it only takes me 32 steps from my front door to my shop door. Only need my Tahoe for grocery shopping, bank, & hunting season…

5 Likes

Yeah, I rode my bikes year ‘round, too.
A couple of layers of denim, a surplus bomber jacket and all was well.
These days, riders can stay warm with all kind of heating devices on their bikes, though.
Looking at the size of some of these modern bikes, might as well just buy a car.
Eghads.
What do ya’ do if one of these behemoths falls over?
You’d need a derrick to get it back on its feet.

4 Likes

A few years back there was a small shop in CA I believe that was making diesel bikes for the military. Smallish and got 100MPG, not super fast but fast enough for me. It was rumored to be able to go anywhere. I would have loved to have had one and had my name on an interested list. Then they stopped making them near as I can figure. Bummer. I would liked to have one.

2 Likes

There is a trick to picking them up. I ride this now in the summer. i’m retied now so forget the cold weather stuff. and yeah it’s a Rollin couch.

8 Likes

8 Likes

I like an old quad/dual cab like that - may get one someday

3 Likes

I like Rich Rebuilds vids on teslas - not sure I’d ever pay full price for one - seems the salvage market for them is pretty rich also these days. Interesting to learn about though

3 Likes

I got a '02 chevy 12 pass. van that probably gets drove the most. Work from home so don’t drive most days. Also have a '09 accord that I love and is very nice by my standards. have a 98 civic also that is a beater/standby. All over 150k. A truck and bike would be nice someday - would LOVE a daily drive 4 wheeler (quad)

4 Likes

2008 Foose Edition F150, 70K miles, 455 hp supercharged V8, 2WD, Strut front suspension, 22" Hankooks.

8 Likes