What’s your favorite firearm company and why?

@Jtr
Yeah I wish freedom group didn’t let the bean counters start running things. The real question now is will Remington after filling bankruptcy for 950 million be able to turn it all around and start producing quality, and reliable products again. Thank you for your reply!

3 Likes

Of the major ones, I like Savage best. Primarily because I’ve never had to do any work on the ones I own to make them work right, and never broken a part on one.

Everything else, I have had to do a trigger job and action smoothing at minimum.

3 Likes

In the 80’s and90’s I saw several Savages with problems but not in the last 10 th 15 years .

3 Likes

@Gulcher
I agree Savage has made quite a name for themselves. I love the barrel nut design they have, and like you stated the triggers are sweet, and adjustable!

4 Likes

@Jtr
I am glad that they have pulled it together. Do you remember when the started with the new rifle lines? They would go to long range shooting events with stock rifles and started winning events! The only thing that I can knock them on is the two piece bolt design. Cheaper to make, but that’s just my opinion.

2 Likes

I’m am surprised we don’t have more people throwing rare company’s hats in the ring. No one saying boberg arms “ bond arms”. Interesting operating system to say the least.

3 Likes

Still don’t like the feel of their bolts . Just feels sloppy to me but to each his own.

1 Like

Depends on the type and style of firearm, for me.

1 Like

Another great Minnesota company!

2 Likes

Welcome to the club, Robert…

2 Likes

DSArms Advanced Weapons Systems.
Local for me, great group of guys, outstanding customer service!

2 Likes

Colt. Pre 1980
Because they screwed the pooch after then. IMHO

2 Likes

I had a DSA AR15 that was a good rifle.

3 Likes

PSA, price, variety and to me good quality for the price and variety.

9 Likes

I have to go with Beretta. They just got a lot going on.

8 Likes

They are an amazing firearm company and I believe the oldest company there is.

8 Likes

for me anything Pre War (2nd) Browning / FN, followed by Inglis (who made everything from fishing gear to kitchen appliances). But than throw in Norinco…

6 Likes

It would have to be Raven arms, makers of the most awesome semi auto handgun ever made.

7 Likes

LOL that’s the brand that killed dequan in the bar.

7 Likes