What’s your favorite gun you own?

I’m not saying the gun that puts everyone’s cool meter all the way in the red. I’m talking the one YOU prefer! Is it because of a story you have on the gun? Is it because of the history of the gun or caliber? What makes you tick about that gun?

It’s got to be one you own, not a dream gun.

11 Likes

ill bite. last year i restored a 1946 jc higgins 12 ga. this was designed by mr browning in 1905 and was made by multiple manufactures for ww2 trench war fare. this one was sold in the sears catalog for 28$ i think. i replaced all the springs and pins and polished the bolt and fcg. i also cut the barrel (gasp) to 18 1/4. great going to the movies gun, or walking the bush where giants roam. i also had it parkerised to cover some of the patina (gun code for rusty) no safe queens in my safe every thing gets used. i love the history and feel of this gun alot. and the take down is cool.
![DSC04524|375x500]

![DSC04523|375x500]
(upload://tiF1UMYg9pj8IO0KG9lTiJvxWyZ.jpeg)

(upload://zoJDGDXLNzdbv3VTdZqeoOyfZvb.jpeg)

, ill get better at the pics thing as i do it more.

16 Likes

That’s bad ass bud!

11 Likes

wish I had a gun

11 Likes

:joy:

10 Likes

What? so it’s funny I don’t have a gun. :rage:

9 Likes

My favorite is the marlin 1895SBL 45-70 I own. I am just infatuated with the 45-70 history. The power it can deliver at slow speeds is also something I get a kick over. I can shoot this thing 450 yards accurately. You can shoot it put down the gun then pick up some binoculars and watch the bullet hit. It hits with some good force too, even after all that lag it still will kick up dirt and break rocks.

15 Likes

My original series Kimber Gold Guardian.
So old the night sights dont glow anymore.
Shoots like a rifle. Shot it in USPSA for years. Never let me down. There’s pics of it here somewhere.

Found a pic

17 Likes

That’s what I’m singing! The guns that have so much abuse for no other reason than they’re just that bad ass! I love stories like that

13 Likes

i have one pin to trim and ill show off the cz 52 i did.

11 Likes

I have two ARs on the way, a pistol and a scary “assault firearm.”

The CA-7 pistol I want to turn into an 8" barrel backpack gun by swapping the upper and adding a law folder. I think that will be fun.

In the meantime, I’ve got nothing but my Glock 19, with night sights and Apex trigger. I’m looking forward to trying it with a swapped slide to shoot .22lr for cheap practice.

12 Likes

Tough question. I don’t think I could choose one overall favorite. I like different guns for different reasons. I need to ponder that for a while.

12 Likes

Dont hurt yourself

11 Likes

:laughing:

10 Likes

One of my favorite rifles would be my Encore 25-06. It was the 1st new hunting rifle I bought by myself as a young adult (with no help or “WTF are you buying that for?!” from dad) . I originally purchased it at Cabela’s in a .204 Ruger with camo thumbhole stock, then had a 26" stainless barrel made for it from Matchgrade Machine in Utah. Had the trigger lightened to 2lb. It’s taken many deer & hogs, an extremely accurate, light weight & comfortable gun that I love & would never part with.

14 Likes

This is a tough one. If I had to choose though I guess it would have to be my first project gun. Its an ex sniper 9130 mosin nagant. The only thing that isn’t the way I want it is the bolt handle. I got a crazy ivan tear drop weld on handle in the mail 2 days ago so it will be finally finished. It sits in an Archangel stock, timney 2.5 lbs trigger, the duracoat job was done by me. Big Gorilla Gunworks cut the barrel and threaded it with a muzzle break and lapped in a rock solid industries scope mount. It has an 8x32 vortex scope. This is also the first gun I developed a load for. 5 shot group one ragged hole at 100 yards.

15 Likes

My new favorite will be my current project when complete.

9 Likes

My favorite gun??!!

I have to do two… Those of you who watch my YouTube channel and videos here will be a little surprised by these two, I think so ill give some explanation.

My Favorite pistol is this old FEG High-power… I bought it as my first carry pistol back when I was so poor that I couldn’t afford the R so we just called ourselves Pooo. I retired the weapon not because it stopped shooting well but rather because the technology evolved past it. To this day when someone challenges me to shoot at a 100 yard target with a pistol I still use this weapon. Its a nail driver.

My Favorite brush and hunting rifle is somewhat offensive to some but, I never restored it because it did AMAZINGLY well at its job. That is a Golden State Jungle Carbine. (no1 Mk3* cut to resemble a jungle Carbine) The rifle is a GREAT bush gun and is easy to carry, maneuvers well and has high capacity, It is great against hogs as you can rapid fire it accurately in an urgent situation and as i reload .303 its also cheap to run. It also has a 3 year monthly applied coating of boiled linseed oil on it so its durable as hell.

16 Likes

Pretty damn well I’d say :+1:

10 Likes

If you click on the pic to zoom in there is a 3rd layer that can be seen.

9 Likes