What the PC game "Civilization" looks like after 10 years...

:thinking:

"Here’s what happened. Some human being kept playing the same game for a decade and then posted screenshots to Reddit along with a narrative explanation of where the gameworld stands. Lycerius, the user, begins his history of the future:

• The world is a hellish nightmare of suffering and devastation.
  • There are 3 remaining super nations in the year 3991 A.D, each competing for the scant resources left on the planet after dozens of nuclear wars have rendered vast swaths of the world uninhabitable wastelands.

He goes on to note all the awful things happening in the world. But what’s most amazing is that he really wants to end the war and bring the world back.

“My goal for the next few years is to try and end the war and thus use the engineers to clear swamps and fallout so that farming may resume. I want to rebuild the world,” he concludes. “But I’m not sure how. If any of you old Civ II players have any advice, I’m listening.”

The original post on reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/uxpil/ive_been_playing_the_same_game_of_civilization_ii/

The game developers response:

“I can’t say that we ever thought anyone would play a game of Civ for that long,” Meier says.

Lycerius posted earlier this week that he had been working on the same Civilization II game gradually for a decade. While the game ends at year 2020 A.D., Lycerius continued playing to 3991 A.D. He described the resulting world as a “hellish nightmare of suffering and devastation,” where nuclear war between three superpowers had wiped out most of humanity."

6 Likes

That’s pretty neat, and likely accurate

6 Likes

Pretty dark and horrific for a game that wasn’t supposed to be horror.

4 Likes

Looks like Baltimore.

5 Likes

Probably , think globally though. Just picture Chicagos mayor as a world leader.

4 Likes

Oh my. That made me gasp. [deep breath, long exhale]

I’m ok now. :laughing:

5 Likes

Uncle George could do a better job than her

Uncle George

5 Likes

Looks like the Portland natives

5 Likes