What Type Of Ear Pro Do You Use?

Stopped by and checked out the products from AXIL Hearing Performance during the 2021 Shooting Sports Showcase. I am looking forward to hopefully testing some of their products in the near future. What type of ear pro do you use?

5 Likes

Foam plugs are in the range box just in case I need to hand a pair to someone. Then I have a bunch of passive muffs. I have a really old set of Dillon e-muffs, and if I’m home firing handguns I have a set of Impact Pro e-muffs. Also in the range bag are Walkers over the neck ear buds, I don’t remember their name. That’s my preference for shooting a match but they only last 4 hours until they die. What was Walkers thinking, only 4 hours, really!!??? Also in the bag for when the ear buds die is a set of Walkers Razor e-muffs.

7 Likes

I use these

https://www.amazon.com/Howard-Leight-Honeywell-Amplification-Electronic/dp/B001T7QJ9O/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=shooting+ear+protection&qid=1615579164&sprefix=shooting+&sr=8-5

Or just some foam ear plugs. Whenever I shoot ARs though its not the cheapy option though, those phuggers are loud

6 Likes

I want a more low pro set but I have been unimpressed with the options that I have tried so far.

5 Likes

I use cigarette butts. :smile:

7 Likes

Joints would probably work better, maybe even numb the headaches

6 Likes

I actually have used cigarette butts more than once when i was in the army

7 Likes

Was that part of the SOP?

6 Likes

Yeah but you can’t bluetooth this :arrow_down: with those

6 Likes

I generally dont have the desre to listen to music while shooting. I mean every now and then it’s ok but not very often, and I know… How very commie of me :grimacing:

6 Likes

it can sometimes really help with focus, especially if you are listening to things you know the lyrics and often sing along to. keeping focused on the task at hand with that type of distraction can really be a benfit. but i will say that just listening for the sake of listening, nah, not so much.

6 Likes

I am the exact opposite, maybe its ADHD though :grimacing:

I get easily distracted with music to be honest.

5 Likes

I’ve not tried it either comrade :wink:

lady gagga’s greatest hits album?

:shushing_face:

you just need a different beat

6 Likes

JF89, I found these on sale a few Christmas ago and picked up as backup sets for the whole family. I’m not sure if there the same that you have. Decent build quality and durability for the money👍

5 Likes

Those are very similar. :+1:

5 Likes

don’t mess with my Gaga bro!

4 Likes

so the fact that it easily distracts you is exaclty why it can be a benefit to helping you work on your focus. it gives you something that is hard for you to normally tune out. and yeah, not everyone is going to be the same, just gotta figure out what works for your particular need

7 Likes

I’m very impressed with the Otis EarShield protectors (31dB). Principle is a column of air over the ear that doesn’t compress with the sound wave. Light, fairtly inexpensive and they work!

And the Honeywell Howard Leight (25dB)for less intensive calibers and brush-hogging.

5 Likes

i have used stuff similar to those before and hated them because they seemed to put pressure on my ears… guessing these don’t have that issue? less tension maybe

5 Likes

For the longest time it was Sordin Ranger single comm with plug wrapped up in the head band
Now I have have the choice of the Sordin ProX, Peltor Comtacts , but I find myself using the Peltor TEP100s, and bought the wife a pair EEP100 (civilian version)
Best part of the TEP100 is that they work if I use double hearing protection, in conjunction of either the Sordins or the Comtacts

5 Likes