What's for dinner ?

My Crock Pot is full of large chunks of Pork loin, red skin potatoes, Vidalia onions, zucchini, bell peppers, salt, pepper, garlic salt and a mixture of oil and water…tomorrow I will be eating like a Hillbilly…lol

11 Likes

Your not a full hillbilly until that’s what makes the meal :laughing:

9 Likes

Venison brats with cheddar cheese and mashed taters.

10 Likes

Garlic mashed potatoes and pork steaks with mushrooms and onions.

9 Likes

Sounds great!

dick

9 Likes

Oh they are. Got about 15 more lbs. Had a whole deer made into summer sausage and brats. Had cheddar cheese added to both.

11 Likes

Had a grilled sirloin (rare), homemade home fries, and french cut green beans. :yum:

The Mrs tells me meat is in short supply at the store. Enjoy it while it lasts, I suppose.

7 Likes

Had Delmonico last night, that was the plan

8 Likes

Meat is scarce in stores round here, managed to pick up 10 more lb of ground chuck though, so it was tacos here tonight.

9 Likes

We made 15# of ground meat today (beef shoulder stew meat, beef brisket, deer) so tonight I just fried some up loose andnot formed into patties since I can’t eat a proper burger with a bun anyway (I’m in ketosis). Had a mess of mushrooms sauteed in butter with it and full fat habanero cheddar melted over it. I was given the venison and the wife won’t touch it unless I mix it into something and just keep quiet about it. While it’s ground meat I call it ground beef and she likes it just fine that way. I finished my meal with some low carb/hi fat butter pecan ice cream. The wife used her “beef” on a burrito. Normally for breakfast I’ll have eggs and sausage or bacon. But tomorrow I’ll warm up some of the beef and add the eggs to it. My version of steak and eggs. It’ll work.

We got the brisket on special, I hope they have more, I’ll buy a huge one if they do and can it and/or make “steaks” out of it. I have this idea that if I sous vide them for a day or two then hit them with the torch they’ll be tender and tasty. I never had medium rare brisket before that wouldn’t have been as tough as a boot had I actually done it. I think it’ll work with sous vide but if not the grinder is always there. I could also turn them into “pastrami steaks”. Why not pastrami burgers or sausage?

9 Likes

I hate to say it, but the weather sucked here today so I could not get much welding done outside so I ate the whole crockpot full of food and then topped it off with ice cream with sliced banana and some fruit, time to sleep for a few days now…

8 Likes

I have enchiladas on the way, so I’ll be carb napping right next to you :sleeping:

8 Likes

Got caught late at work. No dinner for me. Rumor has it there were enchiladas here earlier. :neutral_face:

6 Likes

Leftover taco meat stuffed into a cheese quesadilla tonight

7 Likes

are you talking about food or something else…lol

6 Likes

Lol, guess the wording left it open for multiple interpretation

6 Likes

A little light on onions, medium supply jalapenos, plenty of avocados :+1:

6 Likes

Not sure it has a name, my Southern Belle’ s concoction. Browned ground beef & onions, diced pickles, Thousand island dressing, & a LOT of shredded Colby Jack Cheese. D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S!!! Serve on toasted bun. Tonight was on grilled sourdough bread. Best description of the taste, sort of like a Big Mac, except made with REAL BEEF! Unfortunately, the picture does it no justice…

6 Likes