What's in your range bag? Here is mine! - Nighthawk Medic Shoots

Weight is huge in a game where the gun is always moving. You shoot what a competition buddy of mine shoots. I gave up on muzzle mass a year or so ago. But it means I only shoot in state and we just have local matches currently.

Once the barrel mass is gone it swings fast. But not all states allow them within their borders. ATF won’t give permission if the state doesn’t allow it. What’s up with that!? It’s just a game and my required gear. I’m not a bank robber.

For SC I shoot a RFRO, a Ruger 10/22 Charger that I SBRed.

And in USPSA a B&T GHM9, again, SBRed.

I did test this RFRO which is lighter yet and my times were even lower. But I haven’t paid the tax to turn it from an arm braced handgun into a SBR. There would be no physical changes other than one of registration. Yeah, it makes no sense, but rules is rules. One way it’s a handgun that can’t fit in the box and the other way it’s a rifle. It weighs <1/2 of what the GHM9 weighs. It’s a feather. Keltec CP33.

6 Likes

may not be able to see the powder horns in the bottom of the box. This is a storage box. Thats why its made of untreated pine. It stays in the closet.

Dude I was an armorer for a decade or so. When i open my box at the range, some one asks me what this and that is.
I carry two ruptured case extractors. I have never used them on MY rifle. Folks at the range, once.

6 Likes

If you open the pdf it draws out the stage. The big steel is 7 and 9 yards and the stop plate is 14yds(?) . The big steel is huge.

6 Likes

It’s a great little shooter for sure. It may not be the best gun for upper-tier competition, but it’s definitely reliable. I have experienced ZERO malfunctions this season during competition. That’s good enough for me.

8 Likes