What's on your 2020 wish list?

This is incorrect
Some ak variants may be worth what a decent 1911 cost but not Your average everyday wasr
Some one at the range offered me 3k for my arsenal sgl-21 (Russian saiga)
I said no

7 Likes

idk, maybe I’ll think on it - the idea of playing legos is appealing, already have a 300blk upper and 223/556 upper for this lower. 9mm needs a heavier buffer and spring than 223/556? I pulled up some articles on converting so I’ll do some reading also…

5 Likes

I want a Cabot 1911 or a jjfu 1911 but I’ll probably have to sell my Harley or my cuda to be able to justify buying one

7 Likes

That’s why it was a question and not a statement.

But I noticed you said you wanted a Cabot 1911, so I went to look at those. Mighty high price tags. I wasn’t aware 1911s cost that much. Which brings me to another question, and this can be applied to probably any firearm, but for 1911s, what exactly would be the difference between this:

and this:

There’s a $3,500 price difference between the two. Is there really $3500 worth of extras or improvements on the latter? Or is it a brand thing? I’m just curious as to why the 1911s are so expensive. And are these improvements worth that kind of money?

8 Likes

You can credit the AWB for their popularity, and the value whether real or perceived is no different than anything, cars/bikes etc

7 Likes

What is AWB?

4 Likes

Ok so the true difference is the hands that build them
The Springfield armory is a great 1911 and it’s comes with a lot of desirable features
Springfield uses mold injection metal parts and are generally not as strong
They also produce thousands of theses with mostly Cnc and casting processes

They are made well if you inspect the ones you buy but they are affordable to the average person or even a collector

The Cabot is hand built by 30 people and machine processes each part is fit specifically for one pistol
Hand filed and polished every piece fit by hand
Hours and hours of polishing and attention to every detail
The wait list last time I checked was 2 years and they produce maybe 200 guns a year

Jesse James has taken it even further he metal forges
Every slide and frame and he has 5 people working in his shop
2 year wait and with custom engraving and attention 20k is more the price for his 1911

7 Likes

I have shot a number of high end 1911s and the only difference that I can see are in the fit and finish and some of the materials used. That being said I use a Springfield armory loaded 1911 and I can afford a higher price gun but don’t feel I would gain anything the finish on all my carry guns has holster wear but as long as the gun runs I don’t care about the finish. And if I ever need to use it for self defence I’ll lose it so why drop thousands into it.

8 Likes

I agree with you for sure this why I like to build my own 1911’s
But I also would like to own a weapon like that to just compare and learn from
And I love the 1911

8 Likes

CMMG makes them: https://cmmginc.com/9-arc/

7 Likes

Assault weapons ban

might want to include MIM :wink:

7 Likes

Figured I better break it down

6 Likes

Any idea why MP5 parts are starting to pop up but no actual guns?

I know PSA talked about selling MP5s and now SOLGW is talking about selling parts but ive yet to see anything really.

5 Likes

They aftermarket parts or H$K? and the money symbol was no mistake.

5 Likes

https://sonsoflibertygw.com/hk-mp5-parts/

They are selling HK parts

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2018/02/chris-heuss/palmetto-state-armory-mp5-clone-revealed/

5 Likes

Meh…just another MP5 clone. nothing more, nothing less

5 Likes

Ive never seen very many clones outside of .22lr.

A legit clone would be cool

6 Likes

There are other clones, it’s not H$K parts either. might be a nice little gun if they price it decent. One thing different I see on it is the lower trigger group has a full auto position. But finding and paying for a full auto trigger group will be a costly experience.

6 Likes

Who is SOLGW getting their parts from then? I wonder if they are selling PSA stuff?

5 Likes

They may not be original H$K parts. I dunno.

5 Likes