What's the fastest car for daily driving you've owned?

Tie. 1993 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 twin turbo when I was 21 (bought it with my own money) and my current 2016 Dodge Charger R/T. Both ran/run ~5.0s to 60mph and about a tick or two over 13s 1/4mi. The Charger though is way more satisfying to drive because of the HEMI V8 and 8spd trans. Nothing beats the thrust of torque and noise from a V8. Nothing.

4 Likes

1969 RT/SE Hemi Charger, bought it my Senior year of high school.
Got a ticket for 137mph in a 70mph zone on I-90 between the Columbia and WSU.

and got the ticket dropped, The ticket is in my scrapbook.

3 Likes

fastest I have ever driven was my 95 mustang gt 5.0. It had a lot of engine work done and had close to 600 hp with 560 ft lbs torque. I let that go for a family explorer when the wife got pregnant with twins. NO way either of us was putting two car seats in the back of that little thing.
It was definitely a big boy toy for me. I still remember the day that new firebird decided to jump on it at 70 mph. All he seen was tail lights when I dropped it from 5th to 2nd and stomped it. never pushed it to its max so I don’t know.

4 Likes

BMW 335I
performance package 0-60 in 4.8 seconds.

8 Likes

I had a 95 Buick Roadmaster with the LT1 engine. I had that up to about 138 mph at one point. Had a ton of money into it.

My 02 Subaru Impreza WRX Wagon I had going just about as fast too.

The current 19’ WRX should be able to hit that but I don’t really make it a point of going that fast anymore.

3 Likes

My 2005 Stang GT is my Daily Driver (Snow permitting).

And yes the Vents Work and they are Painted Stripes.
No vinyl for me.
Had it up to 145 when I hit the limiter.
Fast enough for me.
Wont go there again myself, although the car handled it well.
My heart rate didnt.

5 Likes

Nice ‘stang! Needs more Bullitt wheels though. :wink:

1 Like

Beautiful cars guys. Nothing like making telephone poles look like a picket fence.:smiley:
I LOVE SPEED–did it differently.
HD guy since 76 but always had a hot Asian on the side.
Busa

5 Likes

Hot Asian 1975.--------- Don’t piss yourself laughing
429481_2980139796997_882765868_n

3 Likes

With all that hair, you probably didn’t even need the helmet.

3 Likes

Nice bike. Nothing like a quality donor for that child needing a heart, kidney or lung. :wink:

1 Like

Can’t argue with that. Watch too many buy waaaaaaaaaaaay more than they could handle in FD/EMS.
One t-boned a Transit bus at 70-80.
No good parts left. I’m not talking about the bike :skull_and_crossbones:

3 Likes

I am OLD OLD School and dont care for the Spoke wheels.
I would like to find something like these:
sprint

But have yet to find someone that makes them to fit my car.
Wont go over the brakes.

4 Likes

Not super fast but quick enough for a summer daily! It’s got full exhaust, CAI, and a tune.
04 Mustang GT auto!
image|666x500

2 Likes

Well, for some reason I can’t get the picture to upload. It’s red with black stripes and a black top lol hopefully you guys can visualize it :laughing:

3 Likes

87 Mustang LX 5.0l 5spd.
Could smoke tires through all five gears. Once had it over 120 and it was begging for more…the faster it went the smoother it rode.
I routinely had to tighten all the rear suspension mounting bolts. The little beast would literally try to tear the rear end out of that car.
Wish I’d never sold it…or my 68 mustang, 72 Cougar XR7 convertible, 67 El Camino, 53 Chevy…sigh :confused:

5 Likes

I feel you @Comanchero45. I really wish I had my Camaro and 3000GT VR4.

But having said that my ‘16 Charger R/T tickles my lower region enough where I don’t feel too bad. It really is about the perfect car for me.

3 Likes

1977 Datsun 280z. It was so fast it scared me. Moved the windshield wipers across the windshield lol. I noticed it looked a little different than others i saw. About an extra foot and a half to 2 feet of engine length.

6 Likes

My 96 Impala SS. I pulled the tired LT1 and built it to 383 ci with Trick Flow heads, Lloyd Elliott cam, all the good stuff. It was a solid 500hp. I daily drove it until the 3rd crank sensor died.

6 Likes

Almost forgot my BMW 530 with a Calloway Turbo.
It was way back in the late seventies and it was one of the fastest cars on the road in them days.
Never got a ticket, somehow.
I did get stopped occasionally, mostly by cops who just wanted to see under the hood.

4 Likes