What's the fastest car for daily driving you've owned?

Definitely my Focus RS. It’s not just fast, but it is fast in all conditions. The AWD is pure magic and it really shows. 350 hp is a decent amount for a daily driver and a mid 4 second 0-60 is great, but I can do it in the rain, around a corner and on crappy pavement. Somehow, no matter what, the AWD manages to find all 350 of that HP just laying around to be used. It’s like nothing else I’ve ever driven.

5 Likes

I had a 71 rally nova one time with a hopped up motor, think it was a 355. it would go. had headers and a short glass packs. I have pics of it but they are poloroids. think I have one of me sittin on it. but you can’t see the car.

10 Likes

These are a couple drivers I had on weekends.

8 Likes

Some old bikes we had.

7 Likes

CB900__19__cropped

8 Likes

I get the AWD thing. My 3000GT VR4 was AWD and all wheel steering. It was fast as hell, on any surface.

7 Likes

Water Buffalo Suzy.
Loved them. They could run all day and night. One of the best 2-stroke motors ever designed IMO.
Found a better pic for ya

8 Likes

It’s not just AWD, my wife has a tuned WRX. The RS to the WRX is like the WRX to a GTI for grip in the wet.

4 Likes

I’ve still got a set of those wheels from my old '67 stang, it was the fastest street car I have ever driven. I never discovered the real to speed. It was the perfect sleeper, the body was a little beat up. I once raced it on the FL turnpike with a brand new '91 ZR1 Vette, he couldn’t catch me until I got off to get gas. He said he topped out at 190. It had a 2.79 rear gear, best quarter mile was 14:7 not very quick but strong on the long run.

8 Likes

I had a set of those on a 1978 trans am. It was NOT my fastest car but, certainly the sexiest.

3 Likes

@Belt-Fed is whipping out the Polaroids lol. I’m just teasin bud. I like the bikes.

2 Likes

I never really had a fast car. My wife did though. She had a civic SI that was pretty snappy. It was running nitrous along with some other stuff like a piggyback controller, quick shifter, some special flywheel and clutch, and a pulley kit. I think that’s all that was on it, I could be wrong but it was quick

2 Likes

Probably my current BMW 335i. I can set the cruise control at triple digits and cruise comfortably. It handles well for a sedan, too. Great road trip car; the twin turbo 3L makes passing on two lane highways a breeze.

https://live.staticflickr.com/8603/30162367330_e15c5ee0e2_b.jpg

…and of course it’s a 6MT :wink:

https://live.staticflickr.com/4718/39072179115_6f4210becc_b.jpg

7 Likes

strictly manual? sweet
and twin turbo, how’d they set that up, in sync or one per bank or?

I like turbos but I like them on diesels :grin:

3 Likes

I have a couple of vehicles with automatics, but I have a very strong preference for manuals. They are just much more fun to drive.

It’s an inline 6. One turbo fed from the front three cylinders, and one from the back three.

3 Likes

Im terrified of bikes after a dirtbike accident. The one time I bucked up was when my buddy dared me to take his Hayabusa on a straight away and floor it…i grew vagina after that.

5 Likes

I believe in 1985 or maybe 1986 Car & Driver took like 10 cars to Talladega race track to see which was the fastest, the HO 5.0 Mustang did 152, I believe only 2 other cars were faster, Corvette I believe ran 153 and a Porsche did like 156/157…the Lotus they had blew up and all the other cars were under 150, some did not do much over 120…I am very skeptical when people post how fast cars are, speedometers get further off the faster you go, some by a lot…I have had a couple decently fast cars years ago and helped a buddy who drag raced a 1300HP Supra and in stock form it would not run 140…

5 Likes

the Lotus they had blew up.
Goes without saying.

6 Likes

Panty waist.

6 Likes

A '68 AMX.

4 Likes