What's your profession

I was just wondering what all yall do for a living. I’m an Industrial Maintenance Electrician. I started in commercial construction electrical then move to Residential and Commercial Service and now industrial work. Lets hear what you do. .

17 Likes

Homesteading and bartering and some writing because I’m stuck at home with back and joint injuries.

19 Likes

My work involves health & safety and environmental compliance. Over the years, I have worked in HAZMAT response, environmental cleanups, air quality, water quality, etc. I work for local government at the present time, but I’ve also worked with the feds and private consulting companies.

18 Likes

I am in video games since 1996 (I think). Doing quality assurance (QA).

16 Likes

I wouldn’t have guess you show excellent craftmanship abilities.

12 Likes

I negotiate contracts for a living.

15 Likes

This makes perfect sense. You look like everyone in my IT department. :slight_smile:

13 Likes

I intake concealed weapon applications and submit them to the Dept. of Ag. I also process vehicle registrations and tax payments. Before that I worked as a machine and electronic technician for several years but made the switch for a better schedule and better benefits.

16 Likes

I think it is evident in my case.

16 Likes

It’s a job. I do it well. But in the long run I would like to work with my hands.

16 Likes

You probably processed mine. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
By Florida law as a veteran i was supposed to get ushered to the front of the line. I even did electronic fingerprinting and processed my entire application at the state gov office. I didn’t get my permit until 3 days before the required deadline of the law in Florida.

14 Likes

By the way, if you did/do at some point play video games (released after 1996), name them and I can tell you if I worked on it.

The two I am really proud of (sarcasm) are Barbie Wild Horse Rescue Adventures and Barbie My Scene. Highlights of my career.

15 Likes

Pirate

12 Likes

I have optic migraines. They are trippy. But luckily without pain.

13 Likes

Starcontrol 3, Diablo, C&C red alert, MOO II, Golden eye, Fallout

10 Likes

:hugs: my all time favorites. I’m not going to completely derail this thread but i am interested to know if i have played anything you worked on. I am a casual gamer. Or was then i got married and my wife HATES when i play video games. So i just don’t anymore.

12 Likes

ps2_barbie_horse_adventures_wild_horse-110214

11 Likes

None above were touched by me or my teams.

11 Likes

I do it with the county acting as an agent for ag. The people I send them to would have been the ones dragging their feet. We don’t know who gets them and who doesn’t but typically we’ve been hearing vets and active military done from our office is about 2 or 3 weeks.

14 Likes

My dad got his in a week. Retired Airforce

13 Likes