What's your traveling companion?

I’m headed down to Florida today and i got to say the Sub 2000 makes am excellent travel gun. Fits right inside my computer bag.

16 Likes

They are compact, 9mm or 40?

12 Likes

40 I already had a bunch of .40 mags so I went .40

12 Likes

You gonna add the receiver cover and buffer pad?

11 Likes

I say I am but I’ve had it for years and I haven’t.

11 Likes

Sub 2000 is nice. Just takes too long to deploy for my taste.

The AR frame pistol in this image occupies the same rough area as the sub2000, has comparable accuracy and shoots and uses the same caliber and magazines as my primarily carry, reducing the amount of weight I have to carry as well as ensuring complete sharability between weapons. Only my .02 of course.

18 Likes

This is mine sometimes.

19 Likes

Good choice MAC82!

Well, first my EDC always travels with me. I rarely go out of state because I’m surrounded by enemy lines that need to be crossed. I do things differently when I absolutely MUST go out of state and that only happens for deaths that I must go to.

If we go for a day trip I have taken an AR carbine in the past. That’s legal in some surrounding states but the mags no longer are within a 1 day drive. I might have a few denutted AR mags. I might have legal mags for the sub2k and it would make for a fine traveling companion. Yes, it fits fine with mags, in a laptop case. In state travel today I would take the newly reliable GHM9 SBR. The last time I did so was just the other day and I put the folding wire stock on it for a very small package. I just folded it and put it inside a folded blanket and that’s just what it looked like, a folded blanket.

It’s too soon to tell, but the new .300BO pistol I just assembled might fill the bill instead of the AR I once took along. It wears a can and I like not damaging my hearing any more than I already have. Come to think of it everything I just mentioned has a can option and I always take one along. Of course that doesn’t work when crossing state lines. But I will be able to remove the can I plan on having it wear all the time and put a barrel extension on it so as not to destroy the handguard.

13 Likes

You keep posting pics of these nice firearms and I’m going to not like you

11 Likes

I have carried this one under the truck seat a few times.

14 Likes

idontlkeyougif

12 Likes

Swedish K?

8 Likes

No, S&W M76

10 Likes

I have had this one under the seat a few times, but it fires to fast. 45 auto too.

14 Likes

I shot one my wife loved it.

14 Likes

Now look here this is not fair to those of us to young to register anything before 1986

10 Likes

You can still buy them, and they are still legal. or until the demonrats take over.

11 Likes

they need to have an amnesty for say a month to retroactively register NFA items
we can call it the Hughes 2 amendment
machine shops across the country would be working 24/7

9 Likes

I know,but with a fixed supply and an increased demand even the cheapest made ones are big money.

9 Likes

Top: This is my Jeep/Truck gun when traveling long distances. It’s a PSA Gen4 9mm upper with Endomag conversions and HS503CU red dot.

Bottom: My EDC

14 Likes