Wheel Gun dilemma

I have several S&W revolvers . That being said the only thing I have bought in the last few years are auto loaders .

5 Likes

My dad never owned an auto . He probably would have said "what is it :thinking: " .I grew up on wheel guns, became an officer and chose a wheel gun as my first piece . Qualified in the academy on a wheel gun. One of 2 out of about 45 cadets. I may have mentioned this before . But it was so funny all those young men and ladies with autos and all i mean nearly 99% of our practice was done using S&W 357 mag revolvers turned in by the troopers when they had made them go to auto’s some years before that.
So when it came time to qualify I breezed through it. :joy: I still think those kids had to do a lot of Range practice on Saturdays when they was at home. I never practiced one time. :joy: nearly 4 months of practice 5 days a week will make ya very proficient.
I would sometimes have guys look at me and say can you use that thing… I would say I can shoot your eye out at 25 yards :wink:.
Edited for clerical spelling errors. ie…fat thumbs

8 Likes

I’d guess about time?

7 Likes

Trouble is you can buy a very good auto for about half of what a Smith ,Colt or Ruger revolver cost . And look at what ammo cost .

7 Likes

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes :raised_hands: :_357: :yep:

5 Likes

Oh gawd a new category to fill up. :drooling_face:

6 Likes