Wheel Gun vs. Semi-Auto

• Wheelgun
  • Semi-Auto

0 voters

5 Likes

You know where I voted :grin:

5 Likes

Where is the choice for both. It depends on what I need the gun for. Hunting I use a revolver. EDC is a semiauto.

7 Likes
  • Wheel Gun
  • Semi-Auto
  • Both

0 voters

6 Likes

There fixed it …lol

6 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

5 Likes

What’s best is what one uses.
Lady folk tend towards wheel guns, they are smaller, lighter, and simple to use.

4 Likes

:laughing: No single shot? No don’t fix it.

But seriously, when I was hunting I was a single shot handgun kinda guy. The semi-autos are for competition and EDC. The revolver, I’m down to one and have been for decades, is a safe queen unless I’m training someone and then it fires wax bullets.

3 Likes

Bwahahaha lmbo @BrianK

1 Like

Well …lol

2 Likes

Well, ladies tend to have smaller hands. And i agree my wife always had trouble racking the slide.
For a man racking the slide is nothing of any concern as @BrianK has mentioned in another post in this wheel gun section.

4 Likes

Even with her CZ83 the wife isn’t 100% comfy racking either. She LOVES the SP101, its her constant companion, EL Poctito (The Lil’ Bit). She maintains that every once in awhile that everyone needs a Lil’ Bit of help… and ya never when yer gonna need it.

4 Likes

I actually think to the more untrained or the weaker gripped person a revolver is much better suited. Several reasons . Limp wristing and raking the slide.
A smaller caliber revolver is always my suggestion to such persons.

4 Likes

Ive shot the dickens out of 44 magnum revolvers, love them.
Shot a 44 Mag Desert Eagle ONCE, Hated it.

5 Likes

Shot a Desert Eagle 50 about 6 weeks ago. Not a fan.

4 Likes

Nice Wheel guns are a refined taste much like aged Scotch , most semi autos vary from being like cheap wine coolers to bootleg corn whiskey you buy in Mason jars. The Hi Power and it’s overweight and slow older brother the 1911 are somewhere inbetween but you are still only polishing a turd in many cases. TLDR buy a wheel gun

2 Likes

I own both and like shooting both, day to day for whatever may occur a semi-auto is my choice.

5 Likes

Wine cooler drinker

2 Likes

Yep me too, I like a snubbie 357 for a back up though.

4 Likes