When did 7.62 54R go up 4x in price?

I thought i got screwed when the wooden crate with 2 spam cans went to $110 from $90.
Jesus! $180 for 1 can!?!?!? :astonished:

Also, my $120 hexs are now $300-$400?

What happened?

12 Likes

The china/demoncrap virus.

12 Likes

Really? People are stockpiling those???
I really don’t understand that.

10 Likes

It’s election time, if trump wins it will go back down eventually, if creepy joe wins it will be outlawed. Guns and ammo will be their first agenda they will try to ban.

9 Likes

Also the ammo makers are so busy putting out the big sellers like 9mm and 223 they don’t have time to make the other stuff.

11 Likes

Read all about it here…

11 Likes

Prices for surplus always rise as the supply dries up. Basic economics.

11 Likes

And it is only going to get worse…

11 Likes

So vote Trump or prices will only get higher.

There is lots of price gouging though, 1k Glocks for example are not reasonable.

10 Likes

Where you finding that 180 a can? Everywhere i seen was 200+

11 Likes

I understand the supply and demand, but DEMAND for mosins and ammo? I suppose that could get you meat for the rest of your life. lol
I don’t think i have shot more than 20 rounds between both of mine. I remember posting pics on 7.62x54r.com and was astounded at the history through the armory marks. One has quite a few notches on the stock. I think that’s the one that was picked up my some Nordic country and reissued.

@SuppressedNation_Chris

The cheapest in stock i could find:

8 Likes

I really need to get more 30-06 but i hate to pay these prices.

10 Likes

A market was created with the vast amounts of them imported. People started to collect them. Mosins developed a cult following. Now the supply is getting low and once it’s gone it’s gone.

9 Likes

But they had 100s of millions of them across europe. i got mine maybe 10 years ago. I wonder if it’s noobs like me or people buying crates at a time.
Speaking of importing, what’s the deal with AKs?

8 Likes

These are the only two guns i have now that shoot 54r ammo. ( I think )

11 Likes

Yes, they are all going up in price. Imports are dropping off so prices are going up. With mosins and their food it is just more of a jump because initially they were so low priced.

8 Likes

Mosins are one of the coolest rifles out there and im not a surplus lover.

9 Likes

Mausers too, and Enfields, and K31s, and with semi auto, of course the Garand. Love them all.

Still need to get the carbine, and 1903a4…

In 7.62x54R I have 91/30s, 91, SVT, and Winchester 1895. Sold M44s (they kick like a mule). @Belt-Fed is a stronger man than I am.

8 Likes

Yeah, it seems i waited too long to collect C&Rs. Friggin’ tokarovs and others are pricey AF too!!!
And i was gonna buy a safe! Honest injun!

9 Likes

No i ain’t, i don’t shoot them either. :rofl: only one i can remember shooting and it was a very long time ago.

8 Likes