When you say "We the People"

When you say “We the People” there is a lot more context to that statement than seems to be getting expressed.

I think I’m showing my age here.
I do remember my 3rd grade plus being a Cub Scout at the time when my Father was stationed in Colorado. The History and Civics part when the Preamble of the Constitution was taught.

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

What does this mean?

1. We the People of the United states.
    It means, every legal person born or naturalized in the united states.

2. In order to form a more perfect Union.
    It means, we are not perfect but should strive for betterment to keep the country together by…

3. establish justice:
    Which means to provide fair laws and punishments.

4. insure domestic tranquility:
    Which means to keep the peace in the country.

5. provide for the common defense:
    Which means to protect the citizens of the U.S.

6. promote the general welfare:
    Which means to look out for the general well-being of all citizens.

7. and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity
    Which means to have the right to make our own decisions and not to be controlled by any single ruler or foreign government for ourselves and our children.

8. do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.
    Which means that the constitution is Owned by the citizens and used by the citizens of the United States.

This is just the beginning of the U.S. Constitution, stating that which is to come when further studying.

Now to my point.
Every elected official is sworn to uphold the Constitution, no matter who it is.
How many of the elected do you know have violated this oath?
I have only given the preamble.
I suggest reading more of it.

15 Likes

When I was in school, I memorized this preamble for a school play. I wish everyone memorized it, like they memorized poems in English class.

11 Likes

When I was in school they made you write it when you misbehaved.
I had writers cramp.
Most of my friends did.

The little voices can STILL recite that word for word.

10 Likes

I wrote it on a grocery bag book cover hidden in the Thanksgiving turkey the grocery store put on the bag. Test day came and evidently I learned it while hiding it and never had to look at the book cover during the test.

9 Likes

For those who learn better with song.

9 Likes

Who be them thar folks:
Every swing richard. All men born to this land between the ages of 18-55.

I pledge

7 Likes

I just bought the 30th anniversary edition of school house rock for the grand who is here and the grand who is coming in October if he isn’t early .

8 Likes

Man, you could have saved me two minutes of confusion if you’d have watched the schoolhouse rock video on compound words

GRANDCHILD

6 Likes

Lol I think schoolhouse is one word too, and y’all is a contraction.

7 Likes

Mrs M says they are both correct spellings. Depends on if there is a school house, or your child goes to a schoolhouse.
Dang English teachers

5 Likes