When you waive off what happens in CA and think this will never happen in your state...

And as result you may not vote or be ok with giving an inch…

I would llke to show you what that inch turns into in a short while.

Friday, February 22, was the bill introduction deadline for California Legislature. It is clear that the legislature is set on continuing the assault on law-abiding citizens by attacking our rights from every angle. This year, bills have been introduced, increasing taxes on firearms and ammunition, requiring background checks and dealer involvement on firearm parts, increased regulations on how firearms are to be stored and transported, bans on certain firearm related insurance, bans on gun shows at specific localities and increased restrictions on licensed dealers including requiring video and audio recordings to name a few. This is not a comprehensive list but a sample of some of this year’s most egregious. We anticipate amendments to the bills listed, as well as gut and amends that could be of concern as the session progresses.

Assembly Bill 12, sponsored by Assembly Member Jacqui Irwin (D-44), would extend the duration of California’s gun violence restraining order law from one year to five. Meaning a person could be prohibited from owning and possessing firearms for five years at a time without ever being adjudicated mentally ill or convicted of a crime, but based on third party allegations.

Assembly Bill 18, sponsored by Assembly Member Marc Levine (D-10), would impose an excise tax on handguns and semi-automaticfirearms.

Assembly Bill 61, sponsored by Assembly Member Philip Ting (D-19), would expand the list of those eligibleto file gun violence restraining orders (GVRO) beyond the currently authorized reporters which include immediate family and law enforcement.

Assembly Bill 276, sponsored by Assembly Member Laura Friedman (D-43), and Senate Bill 172, sponsored by Senator Anthony Portantino (D-25) would modify California’s already existing storage laws, which include a patchwork of local restrictions in addition to requiring firearms be inaccessible to both minors and prohibited persons, by providing additional storage requirements and significantly enhanced criminal penalties for failure to comply.

Assembly Bill 688, sponsored by Assembly Member Kansen Chu (D-25) would place additional storage requirements for all firearms when left in an unattended vehicle.

Assembly Bill 879, sponsored by Assembly Member Mike Gipson (D-64), would require precursor firearms parts to be sold/transferred through a licensed precursor parts dealer in a similar process to the new laws regarding ammunition purchases. It would further create a new crime for transfer of precursor parts without the involvement of a licensed precursor parts dealer to anyone under 21 years of age or prohibited from owning firearms. Precursor parts include items such as barrels, ammunition feedings devices and upper receivers.

Assembly Bill 893, sponsored by Assembly Member Todd Gloria (D-78), would prohibit the sale of firearms and ammunition at the Del Mar Fairgrounds property on and after January 1, 2021.

Assembly Bill 1064, sponsored by Assembly Member Al Muratsuchi (D-66), would place further restrictions on licensed firearms dealers, including prohibiting a residence as a place of business for licensees, allows localities to place further restrictions on where licensees may operate, requires licensees to carry insurance of at least $1 million in coverage per incident and requires extensive recording of a licensees premise to include video surveillance system that, among other requirements, visually records and archives footage of (1) every sale or transfer of a firearm or ammunition, in a manner that includes audio recording (2) all places where firearms or ammunition are stored, displayed, carried, handled, sold, or transferred; (3) the immediate exterior surroundings of the licensee’s business premises; and (4) all parking areas owned or leased by the licensee.

Assembly Bill 1297, sponsored by Assembly Member Kevin McCarty (D-7), would remove the cap on fees for CCW permits and require the issuing authority to charge an amount to cover the costs of not processing and issuance of the license but also enforcement.

Assembly Bill 1602, sponsored by Assembly Member Evan Low (D-28), would prohibit an insurer from either selling or advertising liability coverage for bodily injury or property damage resulting from the insured’s discharge of a personal firearm.

Assembly Joint Resolution 4, sponsored by Cecilia Aguiar-Curry (D-4) would encourage Congress to adoptthe Background Checks Act of 2019.

Assembly Joint Resolution 5, sponsored by Reggie Jones-Sawyer (D-59) would urge the federal government to adopt universalfirearm laws using California as an example.

Senate Bill 61, sponsored by Senator Anthony Portantino (D-25), would expand California’s one handgun a month law to apply to all firearms.

Senate Bill 281, sponsored by Senator Scott Wiener (D-11), would prohibit the sale of firearms and ammunition at the Cow Palace on and after January 1, 2020.

And you may not be aware, but our CA legislators are very easily gutting other completely unrelated bills afted they have been submitted and replace the text with gun control text. FPC knows all about that.

And did you notice the bill that would effctively prevent me from becoming a home based gunsmith? Loving it!!!

7 Likes

All of this pisses me off but all the calls and letters mean nothing. It’s the gut and replace of text in unrelated bills to add gun control shit that shows just how corrupt this state is. With an anti-gun super majority there’s no stopping them.

Take heed all you other states.

The time for compliance is over.

9 Likes

Liberty or death.

7 Likes

How can I share this post outside of full30? I see the link to share, but will that share the post or just a link? And do people have to be signed up at Full30 forum to see it if I share it?

4 Likes

I just copied and opened (in a new browser window) the link in the OP and it shows the whole thread.
So should be fine.

As for having to be signed up… I don’t think so. I read some posts here before I signed up. I assume that’s still true.

4 Likes

Here is a link to NRA ILA article

6 Likes

Excellent! Thank you!!

4 Likes

I have been watching my state as well.
Best thing to do is a keyword search for Firearm, Gun, Rifle, Pistol, Semi Auto.
You may be surprised what comes up.
Some are simple clarifications and some bills just mention the words.
But I damn sure aint letting the State or Feds get away with this crap without hearing from me.
I bet my Reps and Senators both State and Federal are tired of hearing from me.
But ya know what?
I have gotten several replies from them.
All Pro Gun so far…

6 Likes