Where is my soap box I need something to stand on!

At the match i shot today the guy that won overall was a Grand Master classified shooter. If you’ve never shot with a GM let me tell you it is unbelievable. It really looks like Hollyweird how fast and accurate they shoot. Here’s the problem, he earned 2 procedurals during the match but wasn’t scored any. He shot the targets out of order on the classifier stage, and foot faulted (shot with a foot out of bound) on the final stage. How does this happen. It’s simple i was RO on the classifier when he is up next and his buddy comes up and tells me he’ll take over. His buddy is also a GM so i relinquish the RO spot. He shoots the stage and his buddy says “that’s a procedural you shoot the targets out of order.” He then starts raising a fuss and his buddy says “don’t worry I’m not going to score it that way I’m just pointing it out.” On the final stage he foot faults, guess who the RO is. He fusses and his buddy says I didn’t see it. Watching the video they took of the stage it’s clear he foot faulted once and maybe twice. This guy is good but he cheated in collusion with a friend and won. When you cheat in sports you are stealing from your fellow competitors. Yeah it upset me, but i learned from my confrontation a few weeks ago to just keep my mouth shut. These cheaters are venomous snakes when you call them on it. They have all kinds of excuses why its okay for them to break the rules and how dare you question them. It’s a shame because he is a great shooter, who won today, based on lies.

13 Likes

Wasn’t the last one you shot at won by cheating. sheesh, shooting sports must suck now.

11 Likes

No the winner didn’t cheat last time.

11 Likes

It’s not the sports that suck it’s the selfishness of people that sucks. The younger generation that cries about fairness when what they really care about is themselves. The shooting sports are better than ever. But people are getting worse.

10 Likes

Next match I would not let them take over and watch for them to mess up agin.

8 Likes

I would have went all Warpath on them and took some scalps…

7 Likes

Not worth the effort at a level 1 match. Guys like this get all pissy at level 2 matches and ruin there day cause they can’t whine for a better score. Now if i ever RO for them at a level 2 yeah you had better believe I’ll scrutinize them like my life depends on it. I’ve seen cheaters really get bent out of shape at level 2 matches. One guy was loading his magazines in production to make mag change timing more beneficial. High should of seem him lose his s**t when the RO bumped him to open.

10 Likes

Reminded me today I went to town and seen one store needs to hire help and is offering four hour work days, another is offering pay every following day, another a 200 sign on bonus

As to the shooting politics that’s how I’ve seen it too, I used to shoot where we had four normal stages, five when busy, I never shot with the competitive guys as they were way to self absorbed crying about trivial BS, I shot to have fun and learn the muscle memory that takes over when needed, not to play kiddie games , to bad adults have to be so childish

9 Likes

It’s awfully tempting but while wearing a Full30.com T-Shirt I’m representing all y’all so i leave the scalping tomahawk on the horse.

11 Likes

A full30 .com shirt is not complete until it chase a few blood stains.

9 Likes

I realized later that I shot with this exact same group 2 years ago at the Georgia State Championship right after i moved here. The girlfriend of the guy that won today had accidental discharge at that match. She was running with her finger on the trigger and slipped and fired a shot over the berm. That should be an immediate stop and DQ. Yeah they acted like it didn’t happen.

10 Likes

I will be prouder if you had used Tomahawk with the shirt on… :yep:

7 Likes

It’s hard to penalize a friend or family member but it is a responsibility. The responsibility and integrity of the position must come before the feelings of shooters. It’s easy to DQ or peeenalize a dick :laughing: it’s integrity that does it to friends and family.

11 Likes

We’ll take a vote.

10 Likes

Well i’ll agree with you, it’s not the sport, people suck. not all but some do and ruin it for everyone.

11 Likes

Sounds like the judges are the ones who have no integrity as well. As for a GM, who doesn’t want to be better following the rules of the sport. They should be held to the highest standards at that level. Sounds like a cool crowd click.

10 Likes

I’m certainly glad I don’t shoot in your matches. Where I shoot we play by the rules no matter who’s shooting.

One local range shoots outlaw Steel Challenge matches and it was suggested to me that I cheat. I haven’t been back. I won the match anyway, but if that’s what it takes for someone to win then I won’t win. I shoot to stay sharp and I want to know what I achieved fair and square.

A GM shouldn’t need to cheat if he really is a GM. That having been said, if a procedural results in no advantage it can be ignored. That has happened with me before. But a foot fault is a definite procedural. The rules exist for everyone or there are no rules.

10 Likes

I DQed at the first match I shot, it was for something I did not realizing it, but I did it, the RO was nice about it, explained what I did, and was apologetic about the fact he had to DQ me. Brian came over to me and told me there were 2 kinds of shooters, the ones who had DQed and the ones who will, I said at least I got mine out of the way early, to which the RO turned around and smiled at me and said I bet you will remember that and it will never happen again, and he is right. Brian even said he should have been watching me closely, and did not mention that match here because he did not want to embarrass me. My point is I made a stupid mistake and it was nobody’s fault but mine, I took it and learned from it, was I embarrassed, yep, but not because I got DQed, more like because I did something stupid. Now if you have someone at the GM level, who knows all the rules, and still breaks them, he is not much of a man, sounds more like a spoiled little bitch to me at best or an accident waiting to happen at worst, because he and his buddies have decided there are 2 sets of rules. I learned a long time ago if someone would cheat you for a dollar, don’t trust him with your house keys. @Belt-Fed has it right most people suck.

10 Likes

Time to change up that avatar!

Did you buy the squad Ice Cream afterward for your penance?

7 Likes

Nope I went home and cried :sob: I did not think a penance was needed, did I fuck up again, I am new to the shooting match] thing.

8 Likes