Where were you when 9/11 happened

Training MTA PD in Manhattan.
We all got up and went to work.

14 Likes

I was in 7th grade art class and they had us all sit and watch on the tv as the towers fell. Seemed like a movie at first then the teacher started getting teary eyed and told us terrorists had attacked the U.S.

It was a terrible tragedy. It didnt seem real at the time or maybe I just didnt really understand the implications then but now that I look back that was a turning point and the beginning of a trip down a dark path for our country.

8 Likes

I was at work when we got the news . People started going home and running to the gas stations. By the time I got off work gas had gone up over a doller a gallon . Later on the state sued the price gougers and fined them but the bastards keep the money they got instead of giving some back to the people who got screwed.

8 Likes

I was teaching some students how to operate a printing press when another teacher left a message on my office phone, I immediately went in the classroom and turned on the TV and let them watch it unfold.

9 Likes

Driving to work. The radio was just “on”. Danny Bondauce was on the radio with Jamie White. He said

There is a Republican in the White House who has his finger on the button and he’s pissed.

Or something very close to that. And then I thought “huh?”. It was after the second hit and the realization of the first not being an accident set it.

8 Likes

Wow, you’re young. Good to know I’m not the youngest here

I disagree. Where were we supposed to take it?

4 Likes

Im not talking about our reaction but the whole situation in general. From the attack to the war, its dark shit.

6 Likes

I do hate the fact that it caused us to establish a presence in an area of the world that will fight you for being any religion other than Muslim and call you a coward for leaving them alone. It’s a no win situation as far as position.

The only win is the fact that we are in a better striking position for those who wish to repeat 9/11. Unfortunately I think our presence is required for safety of our citizens

6 Likes

I believe certain undesirables in our government helped 9/11 happen and the ABC mafia helped them.

:tinfoil: :crazy_face:

4 Likes

I don’t. I think maybe they made a few things help but I do t think it was knowingly

4 Likes

demonrat incompetence. As always.

My guys would do a “Mussolini” on BJ if given a second with him.

9 Likes