• LYMAN
  • DILLON
  • FORSTER
  • OTHER

0 voters

7 Likes

I honestly don’t think you could any better press for accuracy as this one

5 Likes

When I start reloading the .338 Lapua Mag I’m going to buy that one.

4 Likes

All depends what you’re going to do with it. A single stage press is a workhorse and IMO should be as strong as possible within reason. The RCBS acronym stands for rockchucker bullet swage and is strong enough to survive swaging bullets. Lots of presses just aren’t strong enough for that. But lots of folks just want to seat bullets into brass cases and that doesn’t take much force.

When I started reloading I never thought I’d be reforming brass, but I never regretted my decision to buy a press strong enough to do so 30 years later when the need arose.

5 Likes

My RCBS Rockchucker has been going strong since 1976.

7 Likes

I figured rock chucker would take the win in the single stage poll. Thought I might stir some conversation from people that might have a different opinion. I am very happy with my Lee Classic Cast single stage. It is very heavy duty. It was hard to find one without the breech lock dies.

4 Likes

Lots of years have passed since the Rockchucker came out. I haven’t kept up with modern offerings, but I’d be willing to bet that there are other O type presses that are it’s equal.

4 Likes

The rock Chucker no doubt is likely the strongest press. But if you’re looking for accuracy the Forster is not beatable.

3 Likes

I would like to know how many people have worked all these presses or are they just voting for what they have?

3 Likes

The only single stage presses I have worked is a rock Chucker, the Forster, and the Hornady

But I’ll tell you I loved that Forster and it wasn’t even mine. I could see how the rock Chucker would be better at shaping brass but the dies don’t float on either the RCBS or the Hornady. No way they would produce the same concentric results the Forster would. I don’t even see how that would be debatable.

But the RCBS RockChucker is a strong setup. I won’t deny that. If I had the perfect setup I would buy both the RCBS and the Forster. You just can’t beat the Forster for accuracy, it’s not possible

3 Likes

I haven’t tried it. I wondered if the floating setup would produce good results

3 Likes

No doubt it does. It’s on my to get list for sure.

2 Likes

I’ve caught myself having to double press my bullet to seat in the Hornady a few times. I think it’s part the Press and part the bullet (No way it’s the operator lol)

Anyway I was complaining about it to my brother and he told me has to even on his Dillon before with that type of bullet but to come over and try out his Forster for it. So I did and it was flawless. No press compares to that for accuracy in my opinion

2 Likes

I would need a concentricity gauge to verify results

2 Likes

The RCBS Rock Chucker, use a rubber O-ring to hold the shell holder and it will score as high as any on concentricity.

5 Likes

No it won’t.

2 Likes

Just to be clear,I’m not saying the RC can’t make a concentric round, I’m saying the Forster makes it more consistently.

3 Likes

Has anyone other than me had to turn their round 180 degrees and repress the seating of the bullet? I have out of the Hornady. This could be because of the die or the bullet or the press but I’ve had to do it none the less. When I loaded on my brothers Forster this never had to be done. Same bullet, not sure on the die brand but different press

2 Likes

if i was going to size belted magnum brass i would want a single stage monster. i use the rock chucker for sizing win mag. liquid lanolin and 99% ho ( alcohol) for lube.

3 Likes

Sounds like my teenage years…

6 Likes