Which is the better option?

Serious question, which is the better plan of action for dealing with violence?

• Deal with the choice of method
  • Deal with the choice of action

0 voters

4 Likes

action

by only removing the subset method (tool) the action still exists when other methods are used.

8 Likes

8 Likes

Can you repeat the question?

5 Likes

Action

3 Likes

Your question is a bit unclear. What I think you’re asking is should we try to focus on the violence itself (action), or the method of the violence (gun, knife, bat, hammer, etc) So I think action. We need to address the fact that people resort to violence in the first place.

3 Likes

Nailed it square on the head.

4 Likes

What she said

6 Likes

What happened to the days where two people would just beat the crap out of each other then be friends the next day?

4 Likes

People have always resorted to violence, its human nature. Lack of morals has caused it to get out of hand though and no concept of right or wrong to deter them from going too far with it.

3 Likes

Yeah, you did that in grade school and high school and it was a way of social correction. We don’t have that anymore with the nanny state we live in today.

4 Likes

That stopped with us gen x’ers. Had many of scuffle in my day and the result usually ended positivity.

4 Likes

Not completely, but it did die out around when i was in 8th grade ,when they started calling cops and pressing charges for everything. I remember scrapping in the handball court in elementary school or at parties with friends in middle school …never really a big deal but in the early 2000’s it got really really PC. The fact that MMA and full contact martial arts are so popular shows not all of us millenials and gen zers are little pussies.

3 Likes