Whitetail Deer Hunting

Prepping for bow season opener…

Same two bucks that are frequent regulars around our home.

I need your address for when I head up north, I’m hungry now

Anytime you’re ready. Just let me know… and if you care for gun season, that’s the last week of November and the first few days of December.

Good stuff sir! I’m biting at the bit awaiting this season

These are typically the caliber of bucks on our property during the rut, and I mean literally in my front yard in the early morning or dusk evening hours…

That is awesome! Hope this year is a better one than last. Disease took out many adult deer in my area, I saw no shooters last season.

Anyone interested in seeing some of the deer running around our place are more than welcome to view the following playlist below. 30 second trail camera videos of captured deer in the field + 250…

Yes, it’s ‘YouPuke’, however I do not advertise nor do I try to make any money from it. I do this for my own personal reasons and for those that intend on hunting with me.

There are four trail cameras out on the property as of right now. I will be adding a few more in the areas that the bucks typically run as the season gets closer. I try to stay away from those areas to minimize any human pressure as much as possible until the opener.

I do have two regular bucks hanging out with the ladies somewhat. One is a decent 3 1/2 - 4 1/2 year old, 11 points, good mass. He cruises right underneath one of my tree stands regularly approximately 6:30 in the morning. Those are some of the videos of him at the top of this thread.

Lately, I’ve been practicing pretty much daily shooting my compound bow. 20-60 yards from various angles & heights. Feels really good getting back into the swing of things!

I intend on putting up a few more treestands within the month, along with clearing shooting lanes for each one of them.

By the time the season opens, I’ll have six treestands in position, plus my climber that I use from time to time.
Each hunting area is primed for deer for the most part and each area allows me to hunt for the different type wind direction/condition.

Anyhow, the following link is my playlist if anyone of you likes seeing deer in their nature environment.

Enjoy :slightly_smiling_face:

You primarily hunt from tree/stand?

yes, primarily, however I also have a nice pop up ground blind and I often still hunt as well. I have used natural ground blinds in the past. I use to make them for my boys when they first started off.

I prefer to hunt from an elevated position usually a tree stand. but when the crap weather hits the ground blind is a wonderful place LOL

You reminded me…

I forgot that I bought one of these after the season ended and the stores were having outstanding sales. I’ve heard a lot of positive feedback about them, so I’ll be giving it a whirl for the first time this season.

They are nice! I got one I use. In the tree or quick ground camo

Just installed a new bow accessory

Something I’ve been wanting to do for a while.

I’ve filmed many of my past hunts and some for others. Since I often hunt alone and I always take my cell phone with me, I’ve wanted to use that rather than my other camera I’ve been using for several reasons, and one particular reason is the fact that my cell phone takes fantastic pictures & video - all within HD.

Just one less piece of equipment to take with me to the field. :slightly_smiling_face:

Anyhow, now I can film what I’m targeting while I shoot simultaneously. :slightly_smiling_face:

Here’s an example right after I installed it on my bow just moments ago and yes, I’m shooting from 60 yards.

Practice, practice, practice over the next month for me.

It does add a tiny bit more weight over my regular stabilizer, but I think it will be worth it.

Bring on the season! :sunglasses:

Good idea, I like it! Only downside I see happening is your wife calling you as your about to pull your trigger release on a 200" buck! Monster whitetail vid interuppted by “sugar lips calling…” lol

Lmfao!!! :laughing:

My wife knows better not to be calling me unless it’s an absolute emergency.

I figured it out what I need to do to insure that none of my videos become interrupted from any phone calls or texts,

’AIRPLANE MODE’

Yeap, works great!

Happy hunter, thanks!

Perfect! There’s always plan b… hide wife’s phone till after the season.