Whitetail Deer Hunting

at least its not a deer head you have the infatuation with

5 Likes

39 days 18 hours 24 minutes

giphy

6 Likes

4 out of 5 ain’t too bad from an elevated position.

I woke up this morning feeling a little sore in my left shoulder due to a past injury from a broken bone. I think between the cooler mornings lately & shooting the bow quite a bit has aggravated it some. Trying to work through it today. Anyhow, I wanted to get an idea how it will affect my shooting abilities, so I pulled out the bow and gave it a whirl.

My first 5 shots of the day and honestly, I can’t complain too much!

5 Likes

Kill shots! Good job

3 Likes

Eh, not so fast,

I love both venison and archery,

theres a real guess involved with aiming, IF a deer hears your bow fire they will dive just before they leap

its a real bummer to watch hair fly from the top of a deer thats now gone

string silencers are not 100%

damn I’m hungry now

4 Likes

Lol, my bow is shooting approximately 400 fps with the speed string I put on it. I also anticipate their “dip” when they rear down to leap.

2 Likes

This was from last night & I’ve pulling off some Robinhood’s lately. When I focus on a single bullseye, I only use two arrows now so I don’t ruin any of my arrows. I been shooting at last light lately to condition myself for those last daylight bucks.

I edited this video so you can see it. Mind you, I wear glasses regularly nowadays due to old man’s disease, but I don’t use them when I shoot my bow. Almost ruined one of my arrows even shooting just the two last night.

@40 yards

3 Likes

Sweet!

3 Likes

Me too! My Mathews compound is somewhere around 310’ FPS. Killed many deer with it.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Try again, it didn’t work

1 Like

8 Likes

My son’s bow when he was 15 that I configured for him and still have today.

• Mathews Solo-Cam New String & Tuned @50# w/ a 28" Draw
  • Toxonics 5 .19 pin Wind/Yardage Adjustable Sight
  • Trophy Ridge Wicker Biscuit Rest
  • 3 Arrow Alpine Loc Camo Quiver
  • ST Epic Easton N-FUSED Carbon 500 7.3 gpi Arrows
  • Fixed 3 Blade 100 grain Thinderhead Broadheads
  • T.R.U. BALL wrist release
5 Likes

`My most lethal weapon that acquired more kills than anything else I have, and I’m not referring to my pitt!

Like I mentioned earlier, probably running somewhere around 310 fps with the current configuration that you see below.

• 2009 - Mathews Reezen 6.5 SoloCam; Tuned to 70# w/ a 28" Draw
  • Single Pin .19 HHA KingPin Optimizer Sight w/ Blue Burst Lights
  • Trophy Ridge Whisker Biscuit Rest
  • Dead End String Stop
  • Mathews 5 Arrow Quiver;
  • Tru-Fire Wrist Release;
  • 8" Stabilizer
  • Carbon Express Maxima 250 RED Arrows w/ Blazer Vanes
  • Fixed NAP 3 Blade 125 grain Thunderheads
6 Likes

Excellent setup!

4 Likes

5 Likes

37 days 10 hours 08 minutes
E7730B7B-A93F-4892-917D-D60BEEAABA95

5 Likes

My first setup & first two arrows last night @47 yards.

Hitting just slightly above the intended target. You might be able to hear the clanging of the two arrows from the second shot on impact.

I’m feeling very comfortable shooting my compound bow now. Definitely reaching the intended confidence level before the season opener. Feel pretty good at this stage of the game. Now I’ll be focusing more on finishing up all my setups in the field.

For now on, if you anyone wishes to continue seeing any of my bow shooting progress, you’re more than welcome to visit my YouTube channel @ https://www.youtube.com/user/WildlifeOhio and I’ll put them all in a playlist for anyone to view. I’ll no longer be posting any of my shooting progress here on this tread, however don’t let this discourage any of the rest of you. I hope to see many of you continue to share your experience on how you’re getting prepared for the new bow season.

Take care, good luck & have fun letting those arrows fly gentlemen! :slightly_smiling_face:

34 days 22 hours 17 minutes
giphy%20(1)

3 Likes

31 days 10 hours 20 minutes

5 Likes

30 days 23 hours 21 minutes

I got’em…
giphy%20(9)

6 Likes