Who knows concrete?

Since i need to rebuild the garage now, i was wondering something. I’m thinking of expanding the garage with a 2 foot widening. The current surface was done without correct finishing and has a very rough or dimpled surface.
Can that be skim coated by 1/8-1/4 in. with something to tie into the rest of the pour to make it smoother?
Trying to roll tool boxes, gens, or engine hoists how make for a washboard-type experience.

I’m also on the fence on going stick built or metal. If i go metal i can still get it insulated, done quickly AND have $$$$ left over for more important stuff. :thinking: :_223: :face_with_monocle:

8 Likes

:+1:

There’s a self leveling mix you can use for tile but I doubt you’d get much for longevity without it, maybe :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

Yes but make sure you get the good stuff, lots of brands but you want one rated for forklifts and such. Product called Magic Mud would do it.

8 Likes

Problem will be the seam where you widen it. A thin coat will crack along that edge unless you tie the old into the new with a heroic effort.

8 Likes

I’m looking, but no luck.

Yep. Thinking of using a saw to cut into the carport slab about a foot away and jack hammer some out, therefore having that side have a good thickness as it matches without “feathering” it in.

Anyone have anything against the metal buildings? I’m looking at 14x26’ 8’ W roll up door next to 30 in. walk through. (front: 1 ft wall sec, roll up door-8ft, 1ft, wall sec., 30 in door, wall section)
4 windows, side walk in door as well under 6K. 2 in insulated add 1.5k.
Adjuster (independent thank god) was nice. I mentioned my old buddy across the street is a public adjuster. (They fight the insurers for customers. and get a cut).
He said i probably wouldn’t need him. lol said stick built runs about $35-50sq.ft. ($11.5k @ $40/sq.ft.) Like i said i can get the metal for 7k with all i want including 150mph wind guarantee.
Saw the other smaller garage with some roof peeled back(future storage/studio space once my friend comes to get the '66 Riv from the carport and all of its parts now stored in there).
I told him that was old damage. He said “So, it got damaged at some point and you have a branch stuck in there now.” lol New outhouse for the water heater (restore gas to the line that runs to a crawfish hook up and a grill under the carport), gutters sagging and pulled away along one entire side and the rear, one shingle to replace, one to reseal at the edge.

5 Likes

What about epoxy on the floor?

6 Likes

I’m looking into that as well.

4 Likes