Who Would Take Your Guns? (And Who Wouldn't)

I didn’t see this video on Mike The Cop’s channel or ReadyMan’s channel on Full30, so I thought I would share it here for those who haven’t seen it. Found it interesting. From May 1, 2019. Starts out a little slow, but gets on topic at 20 minutes in.

9 Likes

Only had time to skip through some of this, but my personal opinion is that if push came to shove, the .gov will use private military contractors (mercs) to get this done. Blackwater/Academi, Triple Canopy G4S etc. most operators in those groups just want money and a body count so if you provide them, they’re yours. I don’t see them having a problem kicking down doors and smoking US citizens for a buck.

If you have time, check this one out:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vice.com/amp/en_us/article/vdppgm/superpower-for-hire-811

By VICE: Superpower for Hire.

6 Likes

I too only skipped through, though it sounds great and I’ll try to make it through later,

@READYMAN @realmikethecop is this on FULL30?

Also, confiscation is a great topic, how about voluntary forfeiture, was this touched on?

If any number of comrades turn in their firepower to perhaps have their electric/wifi/etc turned back on, what does that do to weaken the resistance of the rest?

Restricting modern conveniences is perhaps more effective than confiscation.

5 Likes

I have been saying it for years, Majority of gun owners will give up guns…the job, family, mortgage will over ride any thoughts of shooting at those who come for the guns…majority of gun owners are clueless about what a gun fight even is, regardless of how many training classes they take, they are clueless of what a gun fight is…it’s 2 am and your door gets busted down, what kind of a fight will you put up ? The street you live on is suddenly blocked off and a large group of armed thugs starts going door to door, what kind of a fight will you put up ? You won’t…the fight against any confiscation that may happen will happen after the government thugs feel they are in control…that is when the fight will begin…it will take time, planning and people who have been in gun fights ( Combat Veterans ) to pick the right time to fight back…

5 Likes

That top video in the original post - very strong, and very good. I like the reply from the 1SFG(A) guy - about that survey that was sent out to them… That started at about 24:15 into the vid.

6 Likes

I found that to be a relief to hear as well.

3 Likes

IMHO, if the government decides to confiscate guns, they will figure out who they need to execute the confiscation orders, and how to make it happen.

We can all sit around and speculate about the how or who. I just assume that once it is decided, they will find a way. So, I deal with it from that perspective.

But, I do believe that there will be various approaches used over the years, some of which will target specific types of guns (high capacity, fast firing, etc). In some other cases (such as the ERPO’s), it will be all guns (and ammo?). So, I factor these thoughts into my plans, too.

3 Likes

I have always stated that voting the dirt bag anti 2A politicians out.
It is the first step.
Let them know how you view different laws in the legislature.
Push your state legislatures to pass laws protecting firearm owners as well.
Many have done so as my state has.
So the question arises what would happen when local LE refuses, The State Guard refuses, and the Citizens refuse who are Reservists.
The Guard and Reserve far outnumber the Active military and are just as well armed.
Will the Active Military actually want to go up against that?
Interesting subject to think about.

5 Likes

I haven’t had time to watch the video yet. But just going off the subject title, weren’t some law abiding victims of Hurricane Katrina being subjected to having their guns confiscated in Louisiana, a supposedly gun-friendly Southern state? I think Louisiana and a few other states may have later passed legislation to supposedly prevent that from happening again, though, but the confiscation itself, if it did actually occur, just serves to underscore law enforcement’s willingness to carry out the order to do so.

4 Likes

My hope is that some states would form a Declaration of Independence and organize a resistance. You can’t take on the government without organizing. People would have to get together.

3 Likes

I seriously think you discount the common citizen to much. You are specific to point out that the only ones who will be prepared to fight back are combat veterans and that no amount of training will prepare us nonmilitary type for whats to come.
I will concede a certain amount of that may be true. But just remember even combat vets were not ready for what happened to them and still some how made it through that hell. No one is prepared. All we can do is plan and hope for the best. Vote accordingly.
I also understand that combat vets may be the best to organize what needs to be done but as you stated it will happen to fast to organize so instead of assuming the rest of us will fold maybe reach out a hand to your neighbors and pre organize what may need to happen .

5 Likes

I do discount the common citizen, I see them and work with them everyday…most can’t survive without face stuck in a cell phone or fast food…tell me how many of those will fight for anything? they will fight to keep those cell phones and fast food by turning people in…If you think different then you will get turned in…

7 Likes

:iphone: :hamburger: = :oncoming_police_car:

5 Likes

Maybe some of them are on their phones participating in the Full30 or a gunsmithing forum while eating their burger.

I can look at my own family and see half of them with their faces in their phones, drinkin sweet tea and munchin’ down some nachos, but don’t judge a book by its cover, some will surprise you.

7 Likes

( some ) won’t be enough to matter…

3 Likes

You’re probably right. All the more reason to be cautious about what info you share and with whom. Don’t show your hand, don’t put all your eggs in one basket, etc.

4 Likes

Growing up hunting the woods here in South central Missouri I don’t think they could take me without taking severe losses when you grow up hunting deer and turkey here you learn to use the land and forest to hide and blend in .

5 Likes

You do realize some of those who may come for you hunted and killed Terrorists who were armed with AK47’s and RPG’s…….the same one’s also have the high tech Thermal Imaging and Night Vision, I got to do some night firing with 50BMG and M240 in Afghanistan with Thermal Imaging scopes and you cannot hide from them…hence the reason the Terrorists lived in Caves and then got buried in a lot of them…

9 Likes

The time to avoid this is NOW, if you are already thinking about this in your lifetime its time to take action.
Please support pro gun lobbies with money.
Please write, call and go meet with your local politicians.
The people that want to take your guns away do this DAILY throughout the nation.
You can have an impact!

3 Likes

Who would take 'em?
Same ones who get piled like cord wood on my front lawn.
Yeah they’ll win eventually but… NO MORE BACK PAIN :+1::+1:

My PD cousin G said “the day they come for you… I’m calling out sick.”

3 Likes