Why a Sixgun

Have any manufacturers made a polymer wheel gun yet? Maybe with some picatinny rails

8 Likes

Sacrilege.

9 Likes
8 Likes

The other day my dad and I were talking about some pieces that may be coming up for sale, my (always changing) criteria is they need a “something” that separates them from the average, easy on the eyes, and a shooter. Don’t think those snubbys quite do it for me, although as an EDC option for the function over style crowd I see no real downside. I doubt anyone who has been packing their Chief, Detective, or Cobra for the last 30-50 years is going to run out and buy one.

10 Likes

Sometimes ya just gotta have fun

9 Likes

the 44-40 been putting smiles on shooters faces (well, some of them) since 1873. One of the originals, Winchester Model 73 and every revolver manufacturer at the time developed offerings. Daddy of the 44 Special and Granddaddy of the 44 Mag. Step brother of the 44 Russian, nephew of the 44 S&W

9 Likes

Winchester 1873, originally chambered for the 44-40

Winchester models 66, 73, 86, 92

9 Likes

My one Glock malfunction was just that. I had to rack it again.

6 Likes

I try, I really do, to be nonchalant about polymer wheelguns, but I fail. It is beyond me why anyone would want one.

7 Likes

Because my Ruger LCR is lighter than a S&W 36 and has a better trigger out of the box and less money. For something that lives in the Jeep console or my pocket it fits the bill. If I have to use it and it goes to the police Dept I won’t cry near as much as my flat latch.

10 Likes

Ok, so what you are saying is you would rather live with ersatz, than live with the real thing. Got it.

7 Likes

Had to google that. Thought your spell check was acting up again.

6 Likes

I will kick in a picture of the S&W Third model in 44 special that I inherited from my dad. I have sent for documentation from S&W about its history. It is possibly a Wolf and Klar model. It fits the design that they had.

10 Likes

Very nice.

9 Likes

Read recently the CCP infiltrators have invaded all levels of government and corporations in the U.S… Article missed one area where they are particularly thick…spell checks.

7 Likes

True work of art.

7 Likes

Unusual engraving technique. Not sure I’ve seen it before.

7 Likes

Just replacing the old CCCP infiltrators that are retiring.

6 Likes

Al, my man, you are so right.

7 Likes

How about I have different tools for different jobs.

8 Likes