Why Glock

Dehorning a pistol is a lost art now within all the polymer guns

7 Likes

Ouch , lol. Just glad I didnā€™t say I sleep with my Glock under my mattress.

8 Likes

74 countryā€™s and countingā€¦

8 Likes

Why Glock?

Weight, capacity, reliability.

I donā€™t own one but I have fired them and I respect them for what they are.

Now, if they came with steel sights . . .

9 Likes

I will be honest I do not like the Glock gen 5. I do however love the gen 2.
It is extremely ironic to me that with the gen 5 the design went right back to the gen 2 grip.
They also tout a more accurate barrel due to a recessed crownā€¦ the gen 2 had that as well.

I also wish they only had the slide release only on the right side. The gen 5 has it on both sides and they stick out a lot further. Here is a picture of a gen two.

Note how the slide release is close to the frame and will not get hung up on something.
I will get off my soap box now.

9 Likes

Glock generations

7 Likes

Ive owned 2,3,4 and shot the 5 a little. The recoil impulse seemed softest on the 5.

5 Likes

I should give the gen 5 more of a chance to be honest.

5 Likes

I got a Gen 5 G19 and got rid of it the first week.

Absolutely hated the stupid cutout in the front of the gripā€¦felt it every time I fired it.
The accuracy of the new barrel was not as good as my Gen 4 polygonal barrel IMO.
The ambi slide release is funky and unnecessary IMOā€¦and if your going to do an ambi slide release, then do a true ambi mag release for heavens sake.
I actually like the finger grooves, (probably one of the few guys that they actually fit.)
Overall I was underwhelmed and irritated by that cutout.

7 Likes

I like my G19 Gen 5.

8 Likes

I am in CA. I cant even go to the store and ask to look at a gen 4, gen 5, or x Glocks.

They are not allowed to let me hold one.

8 Likes

X?

Iā€™ve not had past III, and liked the RTF on II, had a gen I many moons ago

arenā€™t the gens overall just marketing techniques?

No true improvements, still operate just the same?

6 Likes

Not always, the 5 has a new barrel design and the 4 started the dual RSA thing. The rest is grips, mag releases etc etc

5 Likes

I like my gen 4. Ill stick with it until they do something big. I would like to see the x reversed tho. 17 slide with 19 grip.

6 Likes

My 2 cents:
I had one of the first Glocks to arrive in the US, a model 17 full size in the only caliber offered then, 9mm.
At the time it was the only pistol I owned, and it served me well for over five years for everything.
Training sessions, competition, it went with me everywhere.
But the goofy trigger, the grip angle, the control differences and after market support motivated me to go back to my trusty 1911.
The polymer frame striker fired pistol I prefer is the Ruger SR series.
You might check them out.
And donā€™t ignore all the excellent small revolvers for carry.

4 Likes

Iā€™m right with you on both countsā€¦IMO the Gen 4 is the best so far, and I think they went the total wrong direction with the 19x and G45.
G19 size grip with the G17 barrel would be fantastic. Heck, Iā€™d even like a G26 size grip with the G17 barrel!
(I know, Iā€™m strangeā€¦just like the concealability with the added muzzle velocity).

4 Likes

Why is this
Just curious

3 Likes

Because of the Ca Roster of approved handguns.
Check it out below.
Be sure to look at the less than one page of recently added guns and the 61 pages of removed guns.

https://www.oag.ca.gov/firearms/certguns

This is the shit weā€™re fighting against.

5 Likes

This is just fucking ridiculous
There is no way that is constitutional
Smh

4 Likes

Itā€™s being fought.
One of the new requirements to get listed on the roster is microstamping.

We get a win every now and then but the process is long only to end up in the 9th Circuit where itā€™s usually a sure loss.

Then on to the SC if weā€™re lucky enough that they will accept the case.

Edit: when discussing wins I got some cases confused. We lost on the microstamping case.

5 Likes