Why Hornady stopped selling to Wal-Mart 12 years ago...

https://www.recoilweb.com/why-hornady-stopped-selling-ammunition-to-walmart-12-years-ago-152737.html

14 Likes

All Right Hornady!
I didnt know the the story but always loved Hornady Products.
I always buy Hornady given the choice.
Now I have another reason to keep doing that.

10 Likes

I thought it an interesting article too, i wasn’t aware of the story either.

7 Likes

Good article, thanks for sharing with us. :+1:

5 Likes

If I ever buy a firearm, I’m supporting Horndady.

5 Likes

If you ever buy firearms, don’t let some prick salesman sell you a boat!!!

4 Likes

Now I’m even more proud I chose their bullets to reload with

5 Likes

:+1:

4 Likes

Have always liked Hornady ammo. Glad to hear they have such high standards regarding who they do business with.

2 Likes

my local Walmart sales Hornady reloading products…

2 Likes

Probably through middleman distributor

1 Like

To me IF Hornady really felt the way they say they do ? they would make sure Walmart got none of there products…they like money like any business and don’t seem to care once the product is sold/shipped to whoever…

2 Likes

I’m not sure exactly how Hornady could prevent a distributor (or any other reseller) from selling to Walmart, so I certainly wouldn’t hold it against Hornady if their products ended up there. They can’t “forbid” Walmart from selling them.

One thing I never cared for is the occasional local gun store who would wait in line at Walmart to buy ammo when it comes in, and then resell it (at a decent markup) in their store. Yes, they exist(ed), especially back when .22LR was scarce.

4 Likes

If they can keep distributors from selling ammo to Walmart why can’t they keep all product out of Walmart ?

2 Likes

The way I understood the article, Hornady will not do business with Walmart. Walmart generally does Direct business with manufacturers in order to beat them up for the best prices by the truckload. So whatever hornaday products Walmart has on their shelves is more than likely through the middleman distributor. That would be pretty hard to control. Just my opinion and keep in mind that I wear a padded helmet 2 to 5 hours a day…

2 Likes

They (Hornady) cannot keep distributors from selling to Walmart - that’s the point. What Hornady is doing is not selling directly to Walmart.

3 Likes

If Hornady was really serious they would stop or have deal with distributors to not sale to Walmart, the way it is now they are still making money from Walmart…so I don’t see them as being very serious…

2 Likes