Win A Pair Of $369 Hunters HD Gold Glasses! Support Other Channels!

3 Likes

what’s the Ansi specs and as per my other questions?

4 Likes

so you gonna make me do all kinds of work instead of just going to the website? come on bro, killing me over here. LOL ANSI Z87+1-2015 and prescription are +2. what were your other questions? you can always bring those to the live stream on the 14th, i am sure Brian would be happy to answer them. we really geeked out over the lenses tech during the recorded podcast too, that will release on the 21st.

5 Likes

lazy - plus it makes you “answer” and shows an active and responsive content provider :thinking:

4 Likes

yep, just messing with ya… don’t mind one bit.

2 Likes

serious question on that though… since you basically said earlier you don’t really follow channels outside of full30 or maybe small channels in general (not clear on that). do you find the larger ones are active and responsive? seems to me they are not and it aggravates the bejesus out of me, even if you support them on patreon (which is why i don’t usually support big channels there). i can see where it could just be overwhelming, at least without hiring someone to curate legit questions. if i were to grow to those sizes and my engagement rates across social hold up (usually they drop as you get bigger), still, it would be a major task.

2 Likes

truth be told - 95% of the full30 content providers are not on the forum, maybe back a couple years when it is being formed as a alternative to YT but not lately.
I have in fact discovered the “larger” ones are spitting the stuff out on YT and there are so many of them out there that I place in the drivel category. However I check out every Video that presents itself on Full30 - since I believe every click is one more for the providers (even if it not something I “watch”).
I think one of the other issues is Full30 isn’t new content provider friendly and you had to jump through hoops to be able to present on F30. Not sure if that has changed?

3 Likes

honestly, i was approached and didn’t have to jump through hoops. in fact, since i know many of the others here, i know from there that i didn’t have to go through what they did. i was approached to join the forum, shortly after blessed enough to be asked if i wanted on the platform. now, that said, i have heard that many creators here get paid, i do not, so maybe that has something to do with it, probably does. but for me, relying on views to pay you is silly. i much prefer things like patreon, where those who truly care about your brand, channel and content can support you. and, patreon is also an amazing platform for creators to engage with those who support them, lots of people do not realize the platform side over there. they just see it as people giving away their hard earned money to creators for basically nothing. for most creators there, that is true because they don’t have the time or want to in order to use the platform and engage. for me, i might actually work patreon harder than any other platform… for obvious reasons.

2 Likes

This is an unofficial statement, but came from HQ

There are some interns working on building an auto-payment system that will pay-out producers automatically each month.

So, my friend I hope all the producers are getting paid soon, the last I heard paypal will be the preferred payout method, not my choice, perhaps it will change, again, this is an unoffical report and…

5 Likes

while that is great, no one has ever once said anything about me getting paid here on FULL30, surely someone would have said something if that were the case. so i don’t think it applies to everyone here, which again, doesn’t bother me.

2 Likes

@CloverTac, I’m interested in the Patreon account but need some guidance in this area. Do you have any recommendations on the subject? This would be for future reference, still too small for people to invest in!

3 Likes

no, no, NO… don’t think of it that way at all! you never know who is out there, no matter how small you are, that likes what you do, that wants to support what you do, that wants to engage more and that wants to be a part of your projects. GIVE THEM THAT OPTION without them having to ask. i don’t post my “Talk Nerdy” chats here on FULL30 but you can find them on YouTube, we do those every Thursday night where we talk about what it is like being a creator, best practices, experiences, algorithms, software, hardware and lots more. So, first, look those up and listen, there are several on the Patreon topic specifically. Then if you want in on the invite list for the panel to join live, shoot me an email media@clovertac.com. If that is not you bag, cool, just join in the chats or something when you can. Finally, if you nee more direction or help… i say this all the time… contact me FOR REAL! let’s have an actual conversation, i can explain things, give you examples, walk you through stuff, whatever. i love talking nerd stuff and helping others.

3 Likes

you will discover Chris that your Northern Cousin has a rather thick skin - and can push and prod with the best of them

3 Likes

gonna hold you to that!

1 Like

so we got about a week left… so far the odds are AMAZING right now, take advantage of it!

4 Likes