Women's CC clothing

Have any of you tried concealed carry tank tops? I’ve recently seen leggings and shorts too. I’m a little shy to buy anything based solely on reviews but am exploring ways to carry on my person rather than in my bag. I have to dress business casual for work and often more on the business side so my outfits tend to be more fitted.

Any opinions or ideas are appreciated!

3 Likes

Can you wear tops that are not tucked in? I find the bottoms don’t matter much as long as you can wear a gun belt. But a top that hangs over the waist, that has some structure, and patterning helps.

Cotton or rayon are good materials, basically stay away from knits on top. Darker and patterned fabric also throws the eye off, so no one can tell you have a gun.

3 Likes

Thank you very much for sharing!

I did notice that I felt very comfortable carrying with an IWB holster when I wore a looser top with a floral pattern. I just don’t have a lot of options clothing wise that fit the loose/professional/patterned criteria. Maybe what I really need is new work clothes :grin:

I got some info for ya right here!

This lady’s Facebook page is dedicated to that topic and is quite the good page.

https://www.facebook.com/adventuresinappendixcarry/

1 Like

Thank you Brian! I’ve tried a thigh holster and have had success but the author has great points in that, and all, regards. I definitely felt like I needed to do a trial run at home a couple times before trusting it.

I don’t do Facebook but will have to check out the page you sent.

Have a great day!

1 Like

Great call.

Everything should be tested before we trust our life in it.

The right arm, looks ready to draw…who’s behind the camera?

2 Likes

The pool boy?

3 Likes

@aly.bel check this lady out. I like her videos.

I have a Dene Adams corset holster but I find it to be too hard to draw from, though the concealment is very good. I’ve tried the can can as well and didn’t really like it. Im so round, it actually prints worse. I also don’t like the kidney carry position. But you might not have that problem. There’s also the lethal lace holster, not a fan either. But I think it might also be a size issue.

I’m actually thinking about my own version of a corset type, one where the gun doesn’t get swallowed up and is not so hot. I like the idea, gotta work on the design.

4 Likes

Thank you! It’s nice to get some different perspectives.

1 Like

Dene Adams makes a great carry holster for women.

3 Likes

dude

ack ahih p[wad ihakd a[sdpa dapocudnf!!!

seriously!!!

damn!!!

Late, but new here.

I haven’t found anything I like yet. A friend got me one of those corsets for Christmas a couple years back, but it was just uncomfortable and sort of stiff? Don’t know if it was just the wrong size, but I also didn’t like having to do all those little hooks all the way up. It was just unpleasant. I’m curious about the flashbang bra holsters but I’m pretty sure my boobs aren’t big enough for that to work properly, lol.

4 Likes

@LibertyDoll Welcome and thanks for the response! I’m currently sticking to my IWB holster and making some changes to my wardrobe to allow for better concealment. Seems to be my best bet.

4 Likes

That’s my set up too. I had to get used to wearing a belt and get different jeans as most women’s jeans are low or mid rise. When will that style ever go away. It’s not at all comfortable for women with our frames (my body shape is like yours). I need the high rise jeans from the 80’s to return to the stores. They didnt’ give you muffin top or cut you in half.

2 Likes

I find that these are awesome! Different thicknesses and fabrics, flowing, nice blouse underneat. (won’t work for appendix though)

I already hate wearing a bra, so I don’t think I would ever wear the corset thing or anything else that’s strangling my body, don’t care to have my gun around my boobs either, or under my armpits or my thigh. A back up on my ankle however sounds tempting. I wear boot cut jeans so I think I could get away with something like that.

3 Likes

I have a couple of those type cardigan/vests. They are handy. Lately, I’ve been using the fancy pants holster. It works fairly well with most of my blouses. Unless it’s really tight, it conceals well. A little more difficult to draw, though.

2 Likes

Dang girl! You fit all that down your pants? You can’t even tell. Good concealment.

2 Likes

Can’t help as far as form fitted clothing since I rarely ever wear anything tight fitting. Winter carry I wear a T-shirt (tucked behind the gun) and a flannel over the gun, summer carry I just put the T-shirt over the gun. Always use OWB leather holsters. With the flannel I can carry anything from a compact to a full-size. Usually my beretta 92FS. Summer will probably be my little 5 shot Rossi .38 spl.

2 Likes

Yeah that’s the gun and two mags in the front. A knife in each back pocket and my phone in the back pocket. That’s how I roll. No purse for me, either :wink:

1 Like