Working mans 1911

I agree, find an STI for under 1,200.00, its doable but why?

Add a little bread and step it up

3 Likes

I’ve got an old, worn (and ugly) Kimber Tac Ultra II, that is my favorite. Not near as pretty as the Custom Crimsons and all, but it shoots very well. Used that as my carry gun for a number of years.

3 Likes

I love my RIA just got it a few weeks ago after selling my remington r1. I must’ve gotten a good one cause cause the slide feels great and I haven’t had any hang ups, stove pipes or failures to lock open so far. Granted I’ve only put a couple hundred rounds through it.

11 Likes

Bump…

Anything change in the market?

I know Colt basically went under and thier guns go for more than Dan Wessons in some cases which is not a very good buy at all. They are more on entry Springfields level, imo.

Looks like STI may have discontinued thier entry 1911 too.

7 Likes

Interested to know as well. I’m hoping CZ will continue producing Colt 1911s. I was eyeing Colt’s LW Commander, which I think was selling for less than a grand before the craziness, but I’m guessing they’re all sold out of them now.

8 Likes

Still like my old original Kimbers.

7 Likes

Pre-Cohen I take it?

They seemed to have been legit prior to Cohen stepping in. How are they holding up since those years? With the way the internet holds grudges its hard to tell if they have improved.

My kimber was ok but had feeding issues, it was from the Cohen years though.

7 Likes

All 3 of mine are before the 80 series type firing pin safety. 2 of the 3 from the custom shop. 1 is #48 of 250 made.

6 Likes

STI is Stacoto or something like that now

6 Likes

Thier entry pistol was made in the Phillipines , havnt seen one around in a long time though.

5 Likes

@Sarge4206th reviewed an entry level 1911 several months ago

6 Likes

I really like Rugers SR1911 but the plunger tube being attached like that sort of bugs me, its usually pinned or glued depending on the company.

4 Likes