WTF 10K Biathlon Fall 2021

Just signed up for another 10K running biathlon!

https://www.wtfbiathlon.com/biathlon-1

I’ve only done one so far a few years ago and it was a humbling experience, but at least I finished it. I DNF’ed every stage except the distance stage, and my slow jogging pace put me in the bottom of the pack. But I had nothing to prove and still don’t. I just want to improve my time, not mess up so much on all the cobstacles, and figure out a better way to carry all my gear.

Anyway, if anyone else wants to try it, it’s about 45 minutes southwest of Waco. You don’t have to run the whole thing. Lots of folks just walk the whole course. They also have a Sunday 5K “sprint” for those who don’t want to do the full 10K on Saturday. Tickets just went on sale yesterday and sell out fast to the first 100 participants I believe.

10 Likes

That sounds really awesome, happy for you, and a bit envious, but when you share the videos that will likely pass :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Make sure to take a go pro for the community channel!

7 Likes

I don’t have a Go Pro, but sounds like a good idea to maybe get one! A buddy of mine is also going to try this event. He’s almost half my age, a former gymnast, an Air Force Academy grad, and an awesome shooter. He’d be the best one to wear a Go Pro if he’s willing.

9 Likes

I wish I had the time and stamina do do that.

6 Likes

I hope you accomplish what you set out to. Good Luck.

7 Likes

I have little of either, but after a couple cancer scares I figure I might as well try something like this again while I’m still physically able. When I trained for the last one, I was surprised how quickly I was able to build up endurance. I’m hoping it’ll be the same this time around.

7 Likes

Thanks!

7 Likes

Do us proud!

7 Likes