WTS or WTT Rossi 243 Winchester Single Shot Rifle

Rossi 243 Winchester single shot break action rifle w/vinyl stock. Unknown model. It looks like the Wizard but doesn’t have iron sights. It only has a mount for a scope or other optic. I won this rifle in a contest a couple of years ago on another forum. It was used when I got it as it was a donation for the contest. I’ve never shot it and honestly have no need/want for it. I also have a side thumb extension for it and I’ll toss in a box of ammo that I bought but never used.

If you can find one, the Wizards are selling for about $153 new. I’d let this one go for a Benjamin ($100) plus shipping to your FFL dealer. The rifle will be broken down for the benefit of shipping costs. (smaller box=less shipping $$$)

I would also consider straight trades for something in the .22 LR department. We shoot a LOT of .22 in this household so a new .22 is always a thing of joy around here. I would consider any of the Heritage models. (I would love to get my hands on the Heritage carbine rifle but that’s probably a pipe dream.) I probably wouldn’t say no to a Ruger Wrangler either. Heck, there’s probably not much in the .22 category I would say no to.

Open to other possible straight trades as well. Show me what you’ve got and we’ll talk.

6 Likes

WOW… FTF I’d be on it, FFL sure adds frustration, a couple conditional holds sours the desire

5 Likes

Unfortunately, I don’t think the government likes to play that way with interstate sales and I’m not sure how diligent the carriers are about actually checking contents. (X ray and whatnot.)

6 Likes

Not worth the risk IMO. Sucks

5 Likes

FWIW, I’d be willing to do a FTF with anyone who lives in Iowa and has a carry card along with appropriate state ID.

Oh and in a reasonable meeting distance. I’m not traveling an hour to sell a $100 firearm.

5 Likes