XD yeah or nay?

I have an XDE in 9mm, bought it one yr ago this month. It’s been a great gun except for the pin that holds the trigger in kept moving out when shooting it. It now resides at the factory. Haven’t heard anything, it’s been a week and they said 2-4 wks., why? Very long time for a pin.

5 Likes

Most likely the Springfield armory people are communicating with Croatia so they can come up with a permanent solution.
It might be a short wait or long. Just give them a call with your repair number ready so you can stay in contact with them.

6 Likes

Does SA build them or just import them?

1 Like

They are made in Croatia.

5 Likes

I called them today and no info on my gun. Are they that busy or just disorganized? I also found that it’s only been there almost a week so I need to be patient.

4 Likes

The answer is yes.

I don’t know if you know this or not but in early 2017 they along with rock river arms got caught giving over half a million dollars to anti- gun politicians in their state and crafting a anti gun bill that would

1. limit the citizens rights it own certain firearms.
  2. Make it harder for the competition (other gun manufacturers) to build firearms in their state (Illinois).
  3. Make themselves the only company except from the new laws in the bill.

Here is their apology video.

I don’t buy an inch of it. If you are the president of a company it’s your responsibility to know what’s going on and where over half s million dollars is going.

Yes I’m sure that they are super busy, and dotting every i and Crossing every T.

6 Likes

I would offer an opinion but I don’t have one but since you asked every one to post here is my obligatory post…your welcome I think

3 Likes

I did find this out after I bought the gun. I usually don’t buy from companies that get involved with political moves that benefit themselves only and not for the good of us gun owners. Unfortunately I like the gun and they do make others as good. I would say maybe they heard us and will be more mindful of what’s right. I think that Sig may have fallen into the same trap with the P320 and the U.S. Army. I think that was stacked against Glock and others.

5 Likes

If i’d known this i wouldn’t have bought their guns either.

3 Likes

I will forgive people the first time. Forgive as you have been forgiven.

3 Likes

I agree with you 100 percent On this Brother.

It does suck about Springfield armory. I really do like the XD pistol.

4 Likes

Not to worry Brother. I have used exxon oil. I didn’t shoot my yeti cooler. I didn’t burn my Nikes. I didn’t sell off my Springfield armory pistol. Now having said that I also believe that I will not be purchasing anything from these companies in the future either. Just my two cents.

5 Likes

Exxon oil? Whats the deal there? I cant keep up anymore. I still rock nikes though

2 Likes

How could you? After what happened to all those poor innocent fuzzy little ducklings! Heartless monster!( this is a paid advertisement for Dawn dish soap)

6 Likes

Im going to say nay . My son in law and daughter have a 40 and a 9 but I wouldn’t buy one for myself but I think the same way on glocks.

4 Likes

I won’t buy new from Springfield (or Rock River) but would buy used if something caught my eye. Sad that they pulled that stunt in their home state. I enjoy my XD. Have used it in competitions and it did well. Also enjoy my M1A and probably will buy a scout model one of these days if I ever see one local on consignment.

5 Likes

Big oil spill back when you where born.

6 Likes

Valdez was the ship. I remember it well, i’m so old I remember when they were Esso

6 Likes

I thought Esso was the name of your 1st childhood pet dinosaur?

7 Likes

LOL, that was the second one. first one was named ugg! by the second one we learned a couple words. Esso and Eat. Esso meant good woman and eat is self explanatory.:joy:

5 Likes