Yeah. f*ck

Found the ammo for the 32Spl I got from Grandpa today, so I load up a few rounds and went and sat til dark, looked down the rifle barrel and couldn’t see much so figured that was time to come in

was a bit odd, but its dark so…

Get back to the house, unload, look down the sights and

yeah, f*ck

its a 64, I was told it was never fired, I haven’t fired it, can’t see I ever will now.

12 Likes

Numrich arms is your friend

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/search#query=winchester%20rear%20sight%2064

15 Likes

great way to provide an excuse for your inability to hit what you are shooting at

10 Likes

You never sighted it in? (obviously)

I like a gun with family history, I have none. Definitely get it fixed and working. Let us know when you get your deer with it.

11 Likes

Oh My!

10 Likes

I initially thought this was soldered on and had no intent to attempt that, looks like its repairable but not this year

9 Likes

I am guessing the ladder is awol, the ladders were held in by (a whim and a prayer) spring tension and were always getting lost.
or is it the leaf ?

7 Likes

Its a 64 if that helps answer, if there was a ladder I can’t tell, I think just a leaf but its broke and pieces are missing

I really am conscious of not doing anything in the woods except quietly scoping the scene

maybe an occasional look at the rifle, and through the sights might be allowable :confused:

9 Likes

That’s actually a very easy fix, the leaf just knocks in/out with no special tools, just a hammer. I replaced the leaf on my 30-30 with an enhanced one many years ago. Rear sight leaf and elevator is not that expensive, around $15 together.

11 Likes

Belt-Fed sent you the right link. That sight just drifts in. Brass punch and a small hammer is all you need to install a new one.

9 Likes

well you guys make me feel better about it, I’m shelving it till we get unpacked, I’m certain it got broke in the move, it was only in a rifle sleeve, scratch protections about all those offer

7 Likes

Robert sorry to hear that happened :pensive:
You’ll get the correct part and make it good as new :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

7 Likes

Listen to @Belt-Fed Numrich is my go to fall all my older gun parts! Get the schematics as well! Never know when you will need them! Has helped me more than a few times.

6 Likes

Thanks, I have ordered from them before, the last time I ordered a set of original M16 forgrips, they sent 2 right ones, but I didn’t bitch, those are harder to find, or was it left, either way :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

those words have never been uttered before nor shall they ever be uttered again…

7 Likes

A broken clock is right 2 times a day right?? Lol

6 Likes

:belt_fed:

5 Likes

Best post on the interwebs.

7 Likes

Flagged

6 Likes

Joe bob, that you?

6 Likes