Yesterday's P80 Compact build

It’s not a 1911, but it is my first comped pistol. I still need to install a set of Ameriglo GL-511 sights. I’m pretty pleased with how it turned out and I’m anxious to get it to the range. My usual builds are pretty basic, I’m a “function over form” type of guy.

12 Likes

Looks good, what do you figure you have in it as it sits?

10 Likes

9mm i bet :grin:

9 Likes

$558 before RMR, trigger, and sights. The RMR and trigger I got on sale in the last few years. The trigger is Overwatch Precision NP3’d Poly Dat and probably gave $50 for it. The RMR I would’ve paid in the neighborhood of $350-$375. I’m a bargain hunter. I didn’t even realize I had the trigger until I was looking for the jig in my parts duffle. Did not find the jig there, btw. :slight_smile:

I can get factory Glocks for less, but I can customize these however I want and leave my Glocks stock for GSSF matches.

9 Likes

Not familiar with those?

8 Likes

They are Glock sponsored, Glock-exclusive competitions. Other than the Unlimited division, they require stock configuration with few exceptions (iron sights, griptape, some approved mag extensions, etc.) so that everyone is on equal footing equipment-wise. Unlimited is where all of the race Glocks are used. More info can be found at the GSSF website. It’s probably the easiest way for people to get into shooting sports.

8 Likes

I’ve not done any run-n-gun for two years I’d say but still have my USPSA/IDPA memberships :+1:

8 Likes

Looks great!

8 Likes

No transitions or reloads in this one. It’s primarily to get new shooters involved, I think.

Thanks!

8 Likes

I love it when a plan comes together.

Orginal_John_Hannibal_Smith

8 Likes