You just can't make this stuff up! Hey Texans, have you heard this?

Below is the text of the email I just received:

HOLY MOLY! HAVE WE ALL JUST PLAIN OUT LIVED ANY PRESENCE OF COMMON SENSE AT ALL? THIS STUPID WENCH LEFT OUT THE PART WHERE WE GIVE THE POOR BAD GUY THE GUN TO KILL US WITH…

In Texas, State Representative Terry Meza (D-Irving) has introduced HB196. Her bill would repeal the state’s “castle doctrine.” This doctrine allows a homeowner to use deadly force against an armed intruder who breaks into his home.

Now listen to what she has to say…

“I’m not saying that stealing is okay,” Meza explained. “All I’m saying is that it doesn’t warrant a death penalty . Thieves only carry weapons for self-protection and to provide the householder an incentive to cooperate. They just want to get their loot and get away. When the resident tries to resist is when people get hurt. If only one side is armed fewer people will be killed.”

Meza was quick to reassure that her bill “would not totally prevent homeowners from defending themselves. Under the new law the homeowner’s obligation is to flee the home at the first sign of intrusion. If fleeing is not possible he must cooperate with the intruder. But if violence breaks out it is the homeowner’s responsibility to make sure no one gets hurt. The best way to achieve this is to use the minimum non-lethal force possible because intruders will be able to sue for any injuries they receive at the hands of the homeowner.”

"In most instances the thief needs the money more than the homeowner does, " Meza reasoned. “The homeowner’s insurance will reimburse his losses. On balance, the transfer of property is likely to lead to a more equitable distribution of wealth. If my bill can help make this transfer a peaceful one so much the better.”

2 + 2 + 2 = 3

13 Likes

I believe in some places overseas and here it is already like that. Like i said before, we don’t need the government.

12 Likes

13 Likes

14 Likes

Wow! I haven’t seen that much stupid in one human in a while. And she got elected? WTF?

13 Likes

I can’t make it past that part from laughter

but know ole Archie has a better idea

11 Likes

so someone that the state supplies with a ARMED protection detail is attempting to introduce a law that makes it legal for criminals to invade homes

13 Likes

those who act like sheep

13 Likes

This can’t be real, no one can be that stupid

12 Likes

I don’t think it is, seems like i have seen this before.

15 Likes

It is essentially as the piece above states. Of course they play with semantics to make it sound palatable.

11 Likes

But that would be anarchy?
This has to be bait for something, they wouldn’t be stupid enough to promote self defense for criminals over law abiding citizens …would they?

12 Likes

So here’s the bill.
It seems the quotes attributed to Meza are bogus, but the bill does pretty good at gutting the current law, simply by deleting a few lines.

https://capitol.texas.gov/tlodocs/87R/billtext/pdf/HB00196I.pdf#navpanes=0

The bill was introduced in November of last year and has gone nowhere. Still worth all you Texans writing your officials and voting the lady (?) out in ‘22

14 Likes

If you break into my house in the middle of the day, the night, twilight or dawns early light…I am going to do my best to drop you like a bag of hot rocks…then I’ll try to figure out the motivation.
Castle doctrine or no castle doctrine.

Maybe someone should introduce these morons to someone like Richard Ramirez, the Nightstalker; his surviving victims might have a piece of sound advice for these imbeciles. (And yes, I know that piece of human excrement is long dead).

13 Likes

R U Fuddin kiddin me?

9 Likes

Yeah, the quotes sounded too outlandish to me, so I googled it and found the same thing:

The quotes are obviously false and attributed to a satirist. But the bill itself puts into question the “castle doctrine,” and there’s a debate on whether it merely amends or outright guts it. Still, I don’t think the bill will go anywhere, at least not this year.

9 Likes

Ever tried Fudd Ruckers?

8 Likes

“People commit crimes because they want things. It is unfair of us to stop them, and letting home invaders kill us is preferrable to the alternative.”

9 Likes

I wonder how her armed guards feel about this

8 Likes

I think I liked it. Now I know where they got
Part of the name. Lol

7 Likes