You young guys take note...

The aches and pains suck
But having most everything paid off and living good ain’t so bad.

Sadly good people die. Watched “lights out” far to many times.
Cried for more than a few.
Shit happens.
Motto - DO IT, while you can.
Tomorrow is not guaranteed.

14 Likes

That’s scriptural

• 1 Corinthians 15:32
    let us eat and drink; for to morrow we die
9 Likes

AKA
Party like a rock star.
Just not like Janis, Jimmy, Bon and a host of others who couldn’t say “WHEN”

14 Likes

I find it sad for the people that never got to experience growing up in the 50s. Opie and the Fonz. That was my childhood. It was wonderful. Now I have burried many friends and school mates. I seem to be very healthy and am very grateful for it. The way I see it, when God is finished with me he’ll take me. That may be a while, because when people askk me where I grew up I tell them I haven’t decided yet.

17 Likes

Excellent response. I feel the same way. My mind is a bit more mature today but I’m still the same person I was many decades ago.

14 Likes

I feel for you. Going on my 78th year and lost a lot of family both on my side and my spouses. I try to stay alert and healthy but things start wearing out but I’ll never give up.

15 Likes

Surely universal, just like the perception of time as you age

And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

The time is gone, the song is over
Thought I’d something more to say

10 Likes

I didn’t realize we had that honor, thanks for spending time with us, we can use your wisdom :hugs:

12 Likes
11 Likes

Sometimes wisdom doesn’t come with age but for experiences. If you make a mistake and learn from it you are a better person.

14 Likes

Long time fan. Those guys could ROCK!
RIP Ronnie Montrose. Demons got him too.

My favorite w/Sammy

9 Likes

I’m going to turn 51 in April and I think about it this way.

In your 20s you and your friends get married. In your 30s and 40s you either divorce or are raising your kids. When you hit 50 friends start to die. For me it’s been cancer, heart attacks, and a few that remain a mystery.

Tell the people you love that you love them. Give someone a call you’ve fallen out of touch with. It will be good for your soul and you never really know of you’ll be here tomorrow or not.

16 Likes

Amen brother…every day is a gift. Usually one that’s taken for granted.

13 Likes

And if possible stay in touch with people you value even if you just know them for a season. I have not been great at that and I regret it. A Rolodex would have been a great idea, maybe update it every once in a while.

12 Likes

I don’t know any male social butterflies. At least none that don’t willingly wear panties and have limp wrists and then I only know of them. We exist in very different worlds from them, or at least I do. We’re all to busy doing stuff.

12 Likes

The Rolodex would be good for the post you posted immediately before this. Specialties could be listed too as long as it is kept secure.

11 Likes

Festus you know some of the younger folks are scratching their heads over the word Rolodex, right? But I agree with you. Oh, and yes keep the real one secure. It might be good to have 2 Rolodex. The fake 2nd one with names of people who need implication in conspiracies and such to put them in the concentration camp with notes on their names saying things like, infiltrator into the system, spy, friendly, things like that.

In current events, Rush Limbaugh, yet another death of a person who was hugely important to me even if he never heard of me.

10 Likes

I actually still keep an address book, a real paper, and ink one. A few years ago, my brother said he had not called me about something because he had broken his phone and my number was in it when it asked him if he had an address book, he said, of course, it’s in my phone. I do keep it in a very secure place and a lot of it is in code, but I can keep track of my contacts, we even mark when our friends pass in it.

11 Likes

Yes I do, last year was really tough.

7 Likes

:thinking: :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

11 Likes