You young guys take note...

No doubt, and a useful reminder, thank you

I had to look that up, yeah, good analogy :+1:

Thats accurate just like that, and I’m sure anyone in this thread knows what I mean,

I bet you meant the thief who hung next to Christ?

Barabas, likely a patriot of the day, IDK but another good example (the thief and the last few seconds)

7 Likes

Yes, Barabas was crucified next to Messiah. He was the worst of the worst, but he was told, because he believed, that he would be in paradise. His entire life was flushed and he started all over again with a clean slate.

7 Likes

What prompted this thread, in part, was the passing of Rush, and for years I’ve missed new music by my favorite group of all time, the Moody Blues. One night I was listening to them and this song just hit a note with me and it resonated.

6 Likes

My bad, we’re told he was a robber

This resin you speak of… was it opium by chance? :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

5 Likes

Yup, he was. My point was that he wasn’t a good guy. He was bad enough for that horrible death.

:smile: Me? Opium? I don’t think so. Any opiate at all? Nope. Only if a Dr Rxs it and then only if I absolutely must. Meaning that I’m in such pain that I must take it to even sleep an hour. The pain has to be pretty severe for me to use any of that crap.

10 Likes

I’ve had difficulty sleeping my usual 9 hours per night for the last year. I understand lack of sleep, irritability etc. I’ve been lucky to have slept like the old days for the last three nights. Thank you Lord. Covered my windows with night shades, just dark heavy cloth. Electrical tape over all those blue lights on my home appliances, and TV. NO TV on after I lay down and get drowsy. Get a check up, some blood work, eat well and drink beaucoup water. It all could just mean it’s time for a change. Be gentle towards yourself you deserve it. Try asking the Lord for help. If we’re talking about calming down after a long run of " FUN " take it easy. BTW, I have not heard mention of the Moody Blues in a very long time. They were among my favorites.![25D0C39A-B0CC-440C-A943-3FCE8AEFBDCE_4_5005_c|281x500] That’s me 72/73(upload://6PTP1WJhIriiGIpqMes3m0wVne0.jpeg)

7 Likes

10 Likes

O well, photo skills and internet don’t jibe too well for me.

9 Likes

Don’t feel alone on that

8 Likes

I doubt that there will not be any new music coming from them. But what they gave us is just superb. One of the members of their classic years, Ray Thomas, has died and they’re all aging. Justin Hayward still sings and plays from what I gather, but I don’t know how prolific he is. We’re all getting old.

I like all of their classic years music, and much of their later stuff. The Blue Jays album, which isn’t actually the Moody Blues, only Hayward and Lodge, is just fantastic IMO. Some of what Hayward has been doing since is really good too. Forever Autumn is unforgettable.

We grew up with some really good music.

9 Likes

After a dehydration problem a few weeks back I’ve been forcing down the water,
seems a lot is improving from it,

And I was giving Jesus my troubles about 3:30 this AM, sure feels better to do!

Damn tight rope you’re walking there hippie! :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :grin: :rofl:

6 Likes

That’s several months after discharge. I could shoot the eye out of a running squirrel at 50 yds. Leon Russell, dang. I believe we had an American Renaissance during those years. I picked up a guitar about a year ago and while in the music store the young salesman said he was studying our music era in school. Calling it the Golden Years. Add 50 lbs of aging unto my neck after that remark. Asylum Choir was my favorite LR album. I still have ut somewhere.

8 Likes

@Comanchero45

Sergeant Shultz in Hogan’s Heros?

7 Likes

@BrianK

I thought Barabas was the one the crowd chose to let go, instead of Jesus - no?

There was some shady character next to Jesus, also on a cross. Not sure his name, though.

Update: Apparently, the repentant thief next to Jesus was named “Dismas.”

history - What are the names of two thieves who were crucified along with Jesus? - Christianity Stack Exchange

6 Likes

You know what… you’re right! I just never corrected it. It was one of the people who was also crucified with MESSIAH who was told he’d be in paradise. Yeah, Barabas was freed and JESUS was crucified by mob demand.

7 Likes

@BrianK

Thanks for clearing that up.

Here’s an interesting tidbit for you: God’s “day” was/is like a thousand years for man (this is in the Bible). So, it is possible that when Jesus made that comment, he really meant sometime in the next thousand years, that criminal next to him would meet Jesus in Heaven. So, when Jesus ascended to Heaven, perhaps then they met in Heaven? (Certainly well within the 1,000 years !)

7 Likes

You old guys better stick around, us younger guys need someone to laugh at. You know… Like @Belt-Fed

6 Likes

Hey! I resemble that remark. :grampa:

4 Likes

I had a Birthday this week, yeah, I know I put the wrong day on my profile so you jokers couldn’t mess with me. Anyway, it got me thinking back about how fast it goes by, and when people used to tell me that I didn’t believe them, it also got me thinking about how things have changed so fast not just for me but the world. When I turned 50, I was still single, got drunk, bought a case of beer and a couple of steaks, took my dog and shotgun, and went camping down on the lake behind my house in FL, the next day I was so hungover I couldn’t find my truck keys and actually made a beer run on an old Ford tractor. When I turned 60, I was married had bought a house, and moved to Maine, on my birthday, I woke to a knock on the door to sign for a registered letter telling me my father had died, not a big deal seeing as we had not seen each other in almost 30 years, spent the day shooting working on the house and drinking beer. This year, I got a new knee brace for my birthday and wondered if the lasagna was to spicey (it wasn’t), didn’t have a single beer, scraped peeling paint off my front porch, and was in bed by 2300, damn I feel old. When I was 50 people hid their dope now there are stores on the corner selling it, when I was 50 if you burned a city down you went to jail, now you are a victim, and I have to learn how to deal with your problems and be less white when I was 50, I had a shotgun hanging in the back of my truck, now the President wants to take my guns, not only feel old I don’t even recognize my own country I think I may be going senile too.

13 Likes

That’s why we like you around here. Those funny times when you forget where you are.

10 Likes