What's the gun you have owned the longest??

My dad and I bought his first grandson/my first son, a 9422 when he was 3
He grew into it quite well.

9 Likes

My dad gave me an 870 12 guage when I was around 10, still use it as my main turkey gun. Thing throws a tight pattern, better then any other shotgun I own.

7 Likes

At first I was thinking you meant the gun with the longest barrel.
The one Iā€™ve had the longest is a .44 special revolver.
Iā€™ve had it since sometime in the early 1970s.
Itā€™s been such a long time that Iā€™ve used it, Iā€™ll have to dig it out to remember the make.

8 Likes

My 20ga youth stock Mossberg shotgun. I bought it at a silent auction fundraiser to help a friend raise money so her horse could have a life saving surgery.
I love the youth stock, perfect for my narrow shoulders and smaller upper body.

9 Likes

.22LR Mossberg model 344.
31 years at this time.

9 Likes

I have a Winchester 68-22 single shot .22 LR that was passed from my grandfather, to my father, to me, and Iā€™m honestly not sure how long itā€™s been in the family. However, the oldest (and longest) gun I have is an 1849 Norwegian Kammerladder.

10 Likes

This is the longest one that Iā€™ve owned
It was given to me by the old man that got me interested in guns and smithing
He died a few weeks later
I rarely shoot her anymore because sheā€™s a rare acutualy made in Belgium fn herstal
I will never get rid of this rifle my son will own it and hopefully his sun

14 Likes

I donā€™t have it anymore, gave it to my son. an old bolt action 22. donā€™t even recall the name.

11 Likes

I have a Stevens Favorite 22lr single shot that my grandfather built for me. He put a Winchester barrel on it and a Weaver 4x scope on it. Iā€™ve had it since I was 5 or 6.
It had a cut down stock for a kid till I was a teenager. Now it has a full size stock. Iā€™ve killed many squirrels with it. Tons of cans and other targets. Still a tack driver.

11 Likes

Old dusty thread but worth the bump.

Itā€™s easy for me. Itā€™s the single shot 12ga that my brother bought for me when I was on leave ('70) so that I could go bird hunting with him. In NJ I could use machineguns, and all sorts of firearms in the military, but couldnā€™t buy a shotgun to go hunting at 18 years old. Effed up NJ!

When I got out I put more modifications into that single shot than the gun was worth and the 'smith asked me if I really wanted to do it. Yup, I did. I still have that shotgun and Iā€™ve owned lots of far more expensive shotguns since, and other than a Browning SS I passed them all up to use that single shot for upland game. I only need one shot and I like the light weight and fast swinging. If you screw up itā€™ll let you know with a miss, but when I could hunt the coverts I rarely missed. Geez, I miss being able to hunt upland game. Iā€™ll never get rid of that shotgun, itā€™s a part of me. Like me itā€™s not much to look at.

13 Likes

The title is mis leading, itā€™s the gun you have owned the longest. you should fix the title you ole big wheel now personnel.

11 Likes

Nevermind i fixt it for yaā€¦am i gonna have to fire some of you for non attentive behavior?

11 Likes

Huh?
Did someone say fire!?
Run!
Run!!!

10 Likes

well there goes my schmidt rubin 96/11 (with out itā€™s bayonet, both oldest and longest just not owned)

9 Likes

I had one of them, no bayonet though. they definitely had a unique bolt action. most had some reall nice stocks too. another one of those that got away.

10 Likes

My great grandfathers Marlin 336 .35 rem. Given to me as my first deer rifle, in 1988ish. He bought new in 1959. It holds a special place.

12 Likes

Think I ate one of those @ Primanti Bros.

10 Likes

Mine was a rescue case. When I found and bought my Glock 19 gen 3 in California, it was pitifully malnourished with 10rd mags. Now itā€™s living a happier life in Arizona with 15, 17 and 33rd mags.

But not all my guns were able to make it out of commie territory. My first AR was a Title I, but because the California DOJ dragged their feet for 14 months on adding an ā€œotherā€ option to their registration systems, the legislature banned it, and I never got to even hold it.

11 Likes

Never heard that one before. But it works!
:laughing:

8 Likes

Before the boating accident I had a Marlin model 101 that I got in about 1961 with 6 1/2 books of United stanps, a topper Jr. 20 ga., and then in 1965 I got a Winchester model 1200 for $65.00. Later got a 44 mag ruger carbine in 1970. The rest arenā€™t that old. The Springfield 1873 Iā€™ve had since around 1965 also.

8 Likes